INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 20 as a DLNA Media Server to my Marantz AV8801 Pre-Pro  (Read 4294 times)

Music_Man

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 20 as a DLNA Media Server to my Marantz AV8801 Pre-Pro
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:16:14 pm »

I previously got the subject combo to work.  However, because of a lightning surge, I had to replace my previous AV8801 with a new one.  After doing so and many hours of trying different settings, I can't seem to replicate how I previously did it (forehead slap)

Presently, via the AV8801, I can select the Generic DLNA Renderer that is JRiver installed on my Windows 7 Desktop PC and use the 8801's  menu to play from (JRiver's) Main Audio library.  However, I can't seem to get JRiver as a server, to recognize the Marantz as a Player in MC's "Playing Now" area.  That is, I want to control my music (flac) via JRiver (that is running on my Desktop) that is then processed by my Marantz.

Might anyone have an AV8810 that is functioning as I would like, or be able to help me select the correct:  Options / Media Network setup parameters to make this work? 

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 20 as a DLNA Media Server to my Marantz AV8801 Pre-Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 12:49:32 am »

Check if the new Marantz is on the same IP network as MC (in this case "network") means specifically that the leftmost digits of the IP address are the same (e.g 192.168.1.xxx). Also make sure that the Marantz has DHCP and UPNP/DLNA enabled.

If that does not work, then please download the test tool from my sig, and please post the test results..
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 04:04:13 pm »

That's weird that you can your AV8801 can play music from your MC Main Audio library, but your MC does not recognize the AV8801 as an available device to play music to. A few thoughts......

AndrewFG's Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser will go out and search your network for available renderers. It should pick up both your AV8801 any zones you have on your JRiver Media Center (assuming MC is running).

If it does not pick up your AV8801, it may be some sort of network problem. If your computer has a firewall, try disabling it temporarily, wait about a minute, and try the DMR Analyser again.

If it does pick your AV8801, the problem is probably somewhere within Media Center. In Media Center pulldown menu, try going to Player --> Zone --> Delete Dynamic Zones --> ALL. This should eliminate any trace of your old AV8801. Wait a minute, then go to Player --> Zone --> Refresh Dynamic Entries. It may take a while for the AV8801 to appear, so give it a minute or two.

luke472

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 08:11:55 am »

I've got the same issue. I can see the marantz on the network side of things, but not as an audio device. It comes up in the library and I can play files from the network, but I can't hear anything because I can't set it up as an audio device. I can't see it in windows either so that would probably point to an issue with windows rather than jriver. If anybody knows how to sort it out, let me know.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 10:24:50 am »

Do you see your Marantz in MC on the left side under Playing Now?  You said " It comes up in the library", and I'm not sure what you mean.

If it comes up in Playing Now, just click on it and then play some songs.

You might be more/better help if you post your question separately over in the Media Network forum:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=7.0

Brian.

luke472

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 03:48:06 am »

Yes the marantz comes up under playing now. I got it to come up on windows and in jriver by changing the HDMI input on the marantz, but the only way I have been able to get any audio is over the network and not HDMI. This is a bit of a pain, but I will have a crack at a few more things and start a fresh post if I still can't get it working.

kr4

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 11:41:56 am »

I have used this combination in the past.  HDMI from the MC server to the 8801.  However, I do not use DLNA with this direct connection.  Just choose the 8801 as the output zone via HDMI and play TO it. Handles all formats fine.
Kal Rubinson
"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
Pages: [1]   Go Up