INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld sync  (Read 1108 times)

Geekspeak

• Recent member
Handheld sync
« on: March 27, 2015, 02:15:34 pm »

I have an iPod which I have synced with JRiver. In order to fit my library on the iPod, I have to choose MP3 (my library is lossless aiff) on the conversion menu. Once I sync, I am getting duplicate files for my songs in my library (MP3 and AIFF). I understand that jriver needs to store these, but my question is will jriver play the compressed version (MP3) in a playlist? I certainly don't want the lower Rez version being played in my house.

Will it play both? Can I prevent it from doing that?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Handheld sync
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:36:50 pm »

You have the conversion cache enabled in the options. MC will automatically keep the converted file in the specified folder in the options so future syncs are faster (no need to convert). The files are automatically stacked with their hi-rez counterparts and will adopt any tag changes you make to the stack MC will automatically play the higher resolution file during playback.

miguelito

• Recent member
Re: Handheld sync
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 11:51:59 am »

I have the latest ver of JMRC on Mac.

If I make a change to the high res file in the stacked pair outside of MC, will the change propagate to the downsampled version?

Separately: Is it possible to force conversion on all files prior to syncing? IIRC this used to be possible but I don't see that button in MC v20 on mac.

Thx!

Miguel
Pages: [1]   Go Up