INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iso not importing  (Read 794 times)

gworrel

• Recent member
iso not importing
« on: March 28, 2015, 11:18:12 am »

I recently rearranged my media hard drives and most files moved to new drives. As a result, the database locations are almost all wrong. I configured auto import to be sure all the new drive and file locations were set up. Now a day later,  I looked at movies by name. Most show a missing record and a new record. I found one so far that was only missing with no new location. Thinking that I had missed a folder or perhaps left some files on an old drive, I searched windows for the movie name. I found it and verified that the movie directory was set up in auto import. I then did an import for the specific drive and directory. It still did not import the missing movie. Only when I selected the specific iso file in windows explorer, right clicked and selected import did the movie import to the database. Any idea why this is happening and how to correct it?

It suddenly occurs to me that it must be a file type issue. Do I have to specify iso as a file type to import somewhere? I'm not using iso files as a general rule anymore.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iso not importing
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:12:03 pm »

I believe MC always sets the media type as "Data" (Document) when an ISO is imported. If your ISO files are all movies, use the "Apply these Tags during Import" to tell MC the files are movies and not data files. Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Config Auto Import (then select the folder) and click Edit. In the bottom section you can add the tag media sub type = Movie

Also in "File Location", do you have the new folder (where your ISO Movies are located) selected where MC asks for the location of your "Ripped BD Video" and "Ripped DVD Video"
Pages: [1]   Go Up