INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controlling Theater View in JRemote  (Read 1228 times)

chromathegreat

• Recent member
Controlling Theater View in JRemote
« on: April 04, 2015, 11:52:57 pm »

I have a Media server running JRiver and another small HTPC acting as a client.  With JRemote, I can stream media to my device, or the server computer, or the HTPC, without any problems.  When I click on the "remote" option, it only controls the server pc, though, regardless of what zone I have selected.  Is that how it's intended to work?  Is there a way to designate which instance of MC I'd like JRemote to control?  There is no media in the HTPC library.  I just want it there to use Theater View on my TV.

Alternatively, would it be better worth my while to just try to configure some other IR based remote for the HTPC and forgo JRemote for this type of thing?

Andrew

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Controlling Theater View in JRemote
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 07:36:22 am »

Connect to the device you want to control if you're planning to use JRemote to control it.

Any remote compatible with Windows Media Center will also work with MC.  Look for the "green button" on the remote.

chromathegreat

• Recent member
Re: Controlling Theater View in JRemote
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2015, 06:17:37 pm »

That makes sense, thanks.  I got confused because I thought if I put the library key for the HTPC computer (which doesn't technically have any files in the library) that I wouldn't be able to play files from my server pc library.  Just did it and everything works, though.  Appreciate the help!  I just got a ir receiver usb dongle on Amazon, so I'll post back if I have any trouble setting up another remote.

Thanks again,
Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up