INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Hauppauge PVR2 setup  (Read 4372 times)

paindoc

• Recent member
Help with Hauppauge PVR2 setup
« on: April 07, 2015, 02:24:08 pm »

I have a new Hauppauge video captrure device PVR2.  I'm capturing Directv with unencrypted HDMI.  I can see video and sound on the Windows 7 desktop Hauppauge application  without a problem.  But I can get it configured in JRiver 20.  I've played around with multiple settings but I get no video or sound on the MC. Any help would be greatly appreciated . . .  Thanks!

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with Hauppauge PVR2 setup
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 02:36:09 pm »

If it's like my Colossus (as I believe they are fairly similar)

You need to choose Serialdigital for the Analog Channel drop down in the setup page and for sound choose the First SPDIF Digital In in the drop down for sound.

Hope this helps (See pic attached)

And for me I needed to have Timie shifting On to get DOlby Digital Sound and bypass the JRiver engine but not sure how you are setup for sound...

paindoc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 02:56:57 pm »

Thanks for the response!

I tried those settings (and combinations of other settings).  But all I get is the following error message:  "The channel selected was not found on the analog device currently in use"

Does it matter that I don't have my IR blaster or remote set up yet?  I was just trying to get a picture and/or sound before putting that together.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 04:35:21 pm »

Hi,

What are the steps that you took that led you to the error message?  Have you completed the initial setup? 

To get it going without the IR emitter setup, you can run setup and choose "Capture only" option.  Name the profile something like "HDPVR2 HDMI" for example.  As imeric suggested, when asked to choose a capture channel, choose "SerialDigital", and choose "AES Digital In" for audio input.  Follow the steps of the wizard.  A "channel" named "HDPVR2 HDMI" (or whatever you named it) will be created.  You can then play that channel.

By the way, the two files that you posted seem to be identical.  If you intended to post a log file (since you name one of them log.txt) please make sure you first enable logging by going to Help > Logging, and check the checkbox "Output to a log file".  Then you can perform any task that you want to be logged, such as playing the channel "HDPVR2 HDMI".  Please post the log file after you get one.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

paindoc

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 05:10:27 pm »

Ok, I tried to follow the instruction and create a Capture Only device.   Still got no picture or sound.  Got a error message instead:

Failed to render video stream. Possible cause:
The video capture driver is in use by another application.
Failed to render video stream. Possible cause:
The video capture driver is in use by another application.
Failed to add or configure MPEG-2 Demultiplexer or render its outputs

Please make sure that you are not running any other TV application and that no video files are selected in any Windows Explorer windows.

Please make sure that you are not running any other TV application and that no video files are selected in any Windows Explorer windows.
Unspecified error

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 06:50:09 pm »

Which version of MC are you using?  If not the latest version, please update to the latest, available on MC20 board.  Here is the link:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96480.0

paindoc

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 06:54:20 pm »

I updated from 17 to the latest version of 20 last night.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 09:21:13 pm »

Please try to reproduce the issue with logging turned on and email the log files to me.  Thanks.

paindoc

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 03:52:01 pm »

I still haven't been able to get a picture or sound.  I can view video & audio with the Hauppauge software.  But I constantly get error messages with the Media Center.  I've tried multiple profiles and settings.

Thanks for your help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 05:37:50 pm »

Thanks for the log files.

I see something went wrong, but still could not determine why, as the same device works just fine on my computer.

Just for verification, can you try using RO Standard instead of HQ and see if you still can not get it to work.

paindoc

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 09:17:17 pm »

I tried using RO Standard and got the same error message.  I've tried multiple other settings and get the same result.  I've closed all other applications and eliminated most processes, cycled the capture device and switched USB ports  with the same result.  I've tried to revert to MC 17 but I can't even configure the capture card because of the same error message.  However, I can watch TV with perfect video and sound through the Hauppauge software.  Very frustrating . . . Help!

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 10:12:15 pm »

Are you able to play a video file?

paindoc

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 10:27:10 pm »

Yep, can play all of my video files in MC 17 and MC 20.  Just cant view TV in either.  Would the dll's listed in this thread:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87185.0 be applicable to my situation?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 10:43:44 pm »

No, that DLL is too old.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 10:25:03 am »

I am stumped.  Have you tried rebooting the computer?  Re-installation of Hauppauge drivers?

paindoc

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2015, 03:35:07 pm »

Was finally able to get this to work . . . sort of!    Hooked everything up to my Windows 7 desktop and ran setup again.  I can now get video & sound (that's out of sync) when I select SerialDigital Hauppauge Siena Video Capture.  However, if I select a channel, I will only get video with no audio.  Additionally,  the channels will not change.  I'm using SerialDigital & SPDIF during setup.  I've tried multiple settings and profiles without success.  Video & Sound are perfect in the Hapuppauge Capture software.  Logs are attached . . .  Suggestions?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 05:04:56 pm »

Regarding audio problem, I think you picked the wrong audio line.  The correct pick is "AES Digital In" instead of "SPDIF Digital In", assuming you use HDMI cable.  I think "SPDIF Digital in" is for the optical audio input line.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 05:06:02 pm »

Regarding channel changing, did you setup IR emitter and test it during setup?  Note that we do not support Hauppauge built-in IR emitter.  You have to setup separate IR emitter/remote control device.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 05:15:29 pm »

Regarding audio video sync, I am not sure.  Try time-shifting mode.  After video is started, right-click in video window, choose TV Options > Start time-shifting.  You can also turn on the option "Start analog TV in time-shifting mode", on Television property page.
Pages: [1]   Go Up