INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Combining rules when creating new Library View  (Read 3428 times)

RolandG

• Junior Woodchuck
Combining rules when creating new Library View
« on: April 08, 2015, 07:15:29 am »

Hi all,

is it possible to combine rules with AND or OR when creating a new Library View?

Example:
I create a new Library View under Audio, in which I want to collect all Hi-Res files. That means all files with a bit depth greater than 16 or with a bit depth of 1 (DSD files). When I set those two rules, the view comes up empty, because the rules seem to be combined by an AND operator. Given that a file cannot have at the same time a bit depth of greater than 16 and of 1, this is to be expected. I'm looking for a way to combine the two rules with OR, so that all files with a bit depth greater than 16 and all files with a bit depth of 1 will be shown in this view.

Thanks in advance,
Roland

Edit: I may have stumbled on the answer: "OR and AND operators can be used in smartlists by enclosing rules in () and using the operator between rules, eg: ([artist]=[Pink Floyd] or [artist]=[Genesis])"
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlists#Tips_2

More Edit: Well, that didn't seem to work. "[BitDepth]=>16 or [BitDepth]=1" via the Import/Export function doesn't stick. It reverts back to AND.

Fitzcookie

• Recent member
Re: Combining rules when creating new Library View
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 07:55:00 pm »

RolandG's solution does in fact work for me in MC23.  More specifically, Once setting up the rules that you want to OR in the rules box. Use the Import/Export button and in that box then enclose the OR statements in parentheses as he says. Click OK and the parenthesis now appear around the rules you enclosed and the OR works. His More Edit: example doesn't include the parentheses which would not work.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Combining rules when creating new Library View
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:07:33 pm »

Hover your mouse to the left or right of a rule to see tooltips on using () and [] for AND and OR operations.

Use the "Import Export" feature to see human readable versions of rules.

A couple of examples below, using TV Recording Rules. Same for Views.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up