INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise in TV recorded files  (Read 1433 times)

rossp

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Noise in TV recorded files
« on: October 01, 2003, 09:13:11 am »

Yaobing,

I am getting noise in the recorded files when I record a tv program. I have a c-media AC97 onboard sound device and the TV card is connected to line-in. I have selected these in to tv setup boxes. If I view a tv show the sound is great. When I record on I get hiss along with the proper sound. I think this is due to the

tv options/advanced properties/audio capture filter/pin line input mix

This is set to stereo mix. When I change it to line-in, save, and go back into that window it has changed back. How can I make the change so that it is set to line-in all the time, or am I barking mad :)

Thanks for any help.

Ross

Media Center Registered 9.1.243 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 994 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 327 MB, Free - 166 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: IDE-CD   R/RW 8x4x32        Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

sraymond

Re: Noise in TV recorded files
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 11:37:39 am »

I got a similar "hiss" recently when using an MP3 codec.  When I changed to a WMAV2 codec, it sounded fine.  You might try changing codecs and see what happens.

Scott-

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 01:40:38 pm »

tv options/advanced properties/audio capture filter/pin line input mix

This is set to stereo mix. When I change it to line-in, save, and go back into that window it has changed back. How can I make the change so that it is set to line-in all the time, or am I barking mad :)

When you display that property page, stero mix is the first item, and therefore is the one displayed. But the "Enable" check box associated with it should not be checked. If you then select "line-in", you should find "Enable" checked.

If what I describe above is not what you see, then there is a problem with the driver.

Did you only recently get the hiss? Does Scott's suggestion help?

Anther thing to try is to reduce recording level of Line-in. I have programatically set it at 50%. You may try manually lower it and see if it helps.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 03:12:02 pm »

Another thing to watch out for is having your microphone input on/enabled.

I had this happen to me on an NForce2 based motherboard.

(during record/playback - added HEAPS of extra noise - hiss, clicks etc etc)
Cheers
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up