INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Main Playlist on DLNA/Items not been shown  (Read 2662 times)

paulsalter

• Recent member
Main Playlist on DLNA/Items not been shown
« on: April 13, 2015, 04:46:21 am »

Hi All,

Couple of things hopefully someone can clear up

1, How do I get my main playlists to show up on my DLNA devices, I have 2 device, an xbox 360 and a Samsung Blu-Ray player, neither of these show my main playlists (playlist section on main page), the only way to get them to see a playlist is to add it via the DLNA config section in the options page, meaning I have to duplicate any playlists I create, one for the app to use and one for the dlna device to use, am I missing an option or is this just how it is?

2, I have created a couple of playlists to try out dlna
One is for Media Sub-Type is Movie and Genre is Comedy, sorted by last played (below details of exported playlist)
[Media Sub Type]=[Movie] [Genre]=[Comedy] ~sort=[Last Played]-d
and then the same but for Horror movies
[Media Sub Type]=[Movie] [Genre]=[Horror] ~sort=[Last Played]-d

If I go to the main playlist section both of these work as expected
I have added both these playlists to the DLNA devices and can see them fine on xbox and Samsung
when I view them though on these devices, the comedy one works perfectly, the horror one however is empty
Any thoughts on why the playlists work fine in the app, but when viewed over dlna one of them is empty

Thanks

paulsalter

• Recent member
Re: Main Playlist on DLNA/Items not been shown
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 10:07:39 am »

Hi,
Sorry to bump up this thread, but anyone got any ideas, being trying to solve this for a while now, have disabled all the media sharing and re enabled it starting from scratch, but get the same problems

Number 1 above I believe is just the way Samsung works so don't think this can be fixed

Number 2 is strange how 2 playlists with the only difference is the genre it searches for provide an issue, one gives results the other doesn't
If I try the inbuilt DLNA playlists, the Shows one works fine, but the Movie one gives no results

Are there any logs I can enable to see what is going wrong?

Thanks

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:08:14 pm »

Hi,
Sorry to bump up this thread, but anyone got any ideas, being trying to solve this for a while now, have disabled all the media sharing and re enabled it starting from scratch, but get the same problems

Number 1 above I believe is just the way Samsung works so don't think this can be fixed
The Samsung has a way of skipping the root view and going directly to the media type view and we support that.
Unfortunately it has no top level playlist view.

You can customize the view for MC's DLNA server that you are using for the Samsung to add a playlist view under Audio (Customize Views->add library item_>[name it]->Add->Playlist group and there you can select things like the smartlists (but sadly not the top level playlist view). That will likely be added in the near future.

Number 2 is strange how 2 playlists with the only difference is the genre it searches for provide an issue, one gives results the other doesn't
If I try the inbuilt DLNA playlists, the Shows one works fine, but the Movie one gives no results

Are there any logs I can enable to see what is going wrong?

Thanks
As for the the second issue, I don't know why you can see one group and not the other. Are you sure you don't have a syntax error in your list?
Did you put the customized views into both the server you are using for the Samsung and the one you are using for the XBox? They are independent of each other.

paulsalter

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 01:30:05 pm »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

Will have another check of the options you said for number 1,

this is the results of exporting the playlists for number 2

The comedy one works fine, but the horror one returns no results
similar the one that's in as standard called moves shows no results, which is weird as comedy one shows the comedy movies fine

Is there any type of caching done on the pc for dlna, wonder is something is corrupt for these devices

I woudnt be surprised if its a Samsung/xbox issue as these don't seem the best for dlna, unfortunately they are all I have

Cheers
Paul

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 03:25:14 pm »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

Will have another check of the options you said for number 1,

this is the results of exporting the playlists for number 2

The comedy one works fine, but the horror one returns no results
similar the one that's in as standard called moves shows no results, which is weird as comedy one shows the comedy movies fine

Is there any type of caching done on the pc for dlna, wonder is something is corrupt for these devices

I woudnt be surprised if its a Samsung/xbox issue as these don't seem the best for dlna, unfortunately they are all I have

Cheers
Paul
It's possible the renderers have cached the data, MC parses it each time it's used IIRC.

We did add the ability to add via view option customization the root playlist view for DLNA. It will be out in the next build.

paulsalter

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 03:07:10 am »

Hi,
Thanks for the info

I will wait for this option in the next build and see how it goes

Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up