INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theaterview, is it possible to see the actuell position of the playlist?  (Read 2997 times)

lobra

• Recent member

In older versions of JRiver, i could see the actuell Position of the playlist, when i play the list in random mode. I could see, when the title played, the title, the cover and so on. In Version 19 i didn't found a possibility to see this informations automatically. What is the solution for that problem, because in older versions it was working excellent.

Excuse my bad English,  i am German.

Best regards

Lothar

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi Lothar

What I do is set in options for audio to jump to playing now. As soon as you start playing of course you will see what is playing. Now, on the same roller, you will see "list" what is playing now in the list will be highlighted. You can also go to the info screen (should also be on ethsame roller as Playing Now for more detail depending on how you set that up.

So that would be Options=>Theater View=>Behavior=>Jump On play (Audio) to "playing now" or "playing now (if multiple files)" I think that was around in version 19. Go Back to wherever is just a click away on a five button mouse or program a "back" key on a remote.

Does this help or did I misunderstand the issue?

lobra

• Recent member

Hi Arindelle,

you are right when you start JR in normal mode. But I start JR direct in Theater view and till now I found no possibility to show the actuell song, which is automatically played from the playlist, in full screen mode on my PC display in Theater view mode. Before JR Version 19 it was done automatically.

Any idea, or did it work in Version 20?

Many thanks and best regards

Lothar

Arindelle

sorry Lothar I've removed 19 so I can't check, however this has been around awhile in options so should work if you set it the way I'm told you

Just to be sure --- I opened in theater view; go chose a playlist and choose to play it; it jumps to playing now screen (in theater view) - shows song that is currently playing in playlist. If you move to list (from the top roller of playing now) the song being played is highlighted. 

as soon as the music starts playing I get the first screen shot; move it to list you get the song playing highlighted (2nd screen shot)

maybe you are talking about something else? If not check the version 19 options under theater view not standard view again

lobra

• Recent member

Hi Arindelle,

this is the same on my system. I tried now Version 20, but the same situation, I think there is a misunderstanding. I will try to explain the situation:

In theaterview i choose a playlist, then i choose random playing the whole list.

The system plays now one song after the other, randomly, but i see the cover of the first song in the playlist on my PC screen, nothing on the screen is automatically changing, when the next song is playing.

In older Versions, before 19, the cover and the Name of the actuell played song was shown on the PC screen. The situation happens only in theatermode.

I tried all options in the menu, but nothing helps. Maybe you have any idea, but it may also possible that this feature was removed in the newer Versions of JR.

Best regards

Lothar

Arindelle

hmm Lothar, seem to work fine with me .. it would be nice to have a gren arrow or something in the list view, but the album jackets change in both playing now main view and list view.

The only time I could get the album art to not change is if my mouse was hovering over the zone or if I was hovering over a song in the list both the album cover shown will not change, neither will the internet slideshow either.

I'm wondering if its not a "focus" issue -- if you are using a "classic" button remote control maybe you could move it to a different focus area on the screen like arrow down to the volume area or up towards the menu? just sort of guessing on that ;)  I suppose you could check that all your thumbnails have been rebuilt but I don't think that would have much to do with it.

the only thing I cant repeat is that I don't have a random command, plut a "play shuffled" ... I suppose that's what you have been referring to.

Sorry I can't be much more help than that. I really doubt it has anything to do with version 19 btw.

lobra

• Recent member

Hi Arindelle,

when I understanding you right, you play a playlist in theatermode and every time a song is automatically changed, you see from the actuel changed song the title and as example the cover on your pc screen? Is this right? I see only the start screen from the first song at the beginning of the playlist, the screnn is never changing. It is strange.

Best regards

Lothar

Arindelle

thats right ...

of course this is in PLAYING NOW. Mayge you are stuck in the playlist view, which would mean the Jump to is not set properly.

The only other thing I can suggest would be that the skin you are using is different than mine. I use Obsidian with a default theme. If that's not what you are using try that one .. some of the skins themselves could possibly have a bug in them. Also, and this is a long shot .. maybe you have a high def monitor (bigger than 1920x1080)  - they are constantly changing things to accommodate 4k monitors, but its going to take awhile. Make sure you are on the latest build (93) ... forget the "stable" build whenever you have problems. Oops, EDIT you are on version 19 which I don't think will work well with 4k monitors anyways ;)

You should check all of your drivers especially the graphichs ones from Intel -- there are recent builds this month. Shouldn't make a difference, but its always a good idea.

Don't know what else to suggest, sorry

lobra

• Recent member

Hi Arindelle,

i was 2 days at the Northsea. The problem that I have occured in my actuel Rev 19 and also in Rev 20 Release. I will try your suggestions tomorrow evening,
till then many thanks to you.

Best regards

Lothar

lobra

• Recent member

Hi Arindelle,

many thanks, all is good. I checked all, the problem was a setting in JR theaterview, now all is working very well. Thank you very much.

Best regards

Lothar

Arindelle

Hi Lothar

Good to hear. thanks for getting back and Happy Listening  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up