INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: compilation album correction  (Read 1627 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
compilation album correction
« on: April 28, 2015, 03:49:58 pm »

I saw the posts on this topic from earlier, BUT in the HDTracks 2013 sampler all the tracks had different artists in the "Album Artist" field.  So I went back and changed them all to "Multiple Artists."  However, they still imports as multiple albums (one for each song/artist), each with its own album art.  I would like to cluster them under one album entry.

Help, please?  Thanks!

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: compilation album correction
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 03:39:26 am »

For all the entries on the album:

Set

ALBUM ARTIST=<empty>
ARTIST=<the artist>

Then

ALBUM ARTIST (auto) should automatically become '(multiple artists)'

And from there you could use the

Library Tools->Rename, Move, & Copy Files

tool to move them into the same directory.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 03:47:07 am »

My take on this is to use the compilation album name or something else that's logical as the [Album Artist]. The key is that there's a common name in the [Album Artist] field.

This way the entries are grouped under 1 entry in the Albums view. Once that's done, the first track's cover art will show up as the album cover art.

There may be other ways to do it but that's what I've worked out. Always open to different ways of working if they result in an improvement.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 11:57:11 am »

Mark_h and Astromo:

Thank you both for your response. 

I tried Astromo's approach first. i.e., I went to the sampler files in my NAS drive, located on the Windows "Network" page and labeled all of the files' Album Artist -- "HDTracks 2013 Sampler."  (One file did not have a field for "Album Artist," but I was able to add a field.  Then, I went back to MC and requested a manual import run -- which it did.  However, all the files were left in the previous condition -- fragmented into several albums, each with its own album art.
I did notice that all the "Album Artist" fields had changed to the new "HDTracks..." terminology.  But no unified album was created.

Is it possible that MC saw the old fragmented titles and therefore refused the new import?  What else could I be doing wrong?  Thanks.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 03:01:11 pm »

Well I gotta ask....is the name of the Album (CD) identical for all tracks?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 03:51:09 pm »

Make sure that you have a folder that only contains the files in question.
MC looks at everything in the folder not just what you may be looking at in your MC view.
If MC sees the other files it will not do the "multiple artist" thing.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 12:13:51 pm »

Tao1857 and KrazyKanuck,

Thank you both.  I standardized all of the "Album" fields and it worked!!!

I may have missed something, but it seems like the other posts all dealt with "Album Artist" in one way or another.

Many thanks.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 01:54:19 pm »

Glad to hear you sorted it out....
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up