INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AIFF/DSF fail over DLNA - DENON X4100W  (Read 2835 times)

Packer

• Recent member
AIFF/DSF fail over DLNA - DENON X4100W
« on: April 30, 2015, 04:35:10 pm »

Dear all,
Overall very happy user of JRiver MC! However...
Untl recently i could stream AIFF, DSF/DSD over DLNA to my DENON x4100w.Two months ago AIFF/DSF initiated streaming started to result in empty AVR screen, no sound, no file format error and full screen album art being displayed on the connected TV. All other file formats play - FLAC, WAV upto 192kHz which max freq is supported by the renderer. e.g. the AIFF file that just failed is 24Bit/88.2kHz/4233 kbps.
I tested via Minim Server and  same AIFF/DSF files played just OK. Minim does not downsample as i see the format and Hz on the AVR screen.
Andrew's DMRA test application streamed AIFF with no issue...upto 2ch/192kHz.

Any Clue? It must be some setting in within the MC.

I use Audio mode: Origial at PCM l16 No header".

thank you!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: AIFF/DSF fail over DLNA - DENON X4100W
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:47:37 am »

sorry don't know ... have to just give this a friendly bump  :D

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: AIFF/DSF fail over DLNA - DENON X4100W
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 10:48:16 am »

Dear all,
Overall very happy user of JRiver MC! However...
Untl recently i could stream AIFF, DSF/DSD over DLNA to my DENON x4100w.Two months ago AIFF/DSF initiated streaming started to result in empty AVR screen, no sound, no file format error and full screen album art being displayed on the connected TV. All other file formats play - FLAC, WAV upto 192kHz which max freq is supported by the renderer. e.g. the AIFF file that just failed is 24Bit/88.2kHz/4233 kbps.
I tested via Minim Server and  same AIFF/DSF files played just OK. Minim does not downsample as i see the format and Hz on the AVR screen.
Andrew's DMRA test application streamed AIFF with no issue...upto 2ch/192kHz.

Any Clue? It must be some setting in within the MC.

I use Audio mode: Original at PCM l16 No header".

thank you!

Nothing has changed in MC in the way we present AIFF or DSF files.
If you have a single MC DLNA server and in the DLNA server configuration you have "Original format" you should just be serving the file as-is to the renderer.
As for DSD, if your renderer requires DoPE (most all do) you need to check that option in the  DLNA server configuration advanced options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up