INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote custom views  (Read 4236 times)

Foxman50

• Recent member
JRemote custom views
« on: May 01, 2015, 10:50:12 am »

Hi all, could someone help me out with setting custom views on JRemote. I'm new to JRiver and I'm on mac version, I'm trying to achieve the following if possible.

1. List order by Album Artist, easy enough, but rather than having to click on the artist to be able to see all the albums, by them, I'd like them to be laid out in the main view one after the other.

2. In the main list to have two lines of text, one on top of the other, indicating Album Artist and below it the Album title.

Hopefully this makes sense and hopefully possible. I believe i need to use this webgizmo feature, but not sure how.

Foxman50

• Recent member
Re: JRemote custom views
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 01:19:10 pm »

OK i found a video on how to get views saved onto JRemote, but I can't find a way to get the views I would like. Anyone have an idea if its possible

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 12:08:56 am »

I'm not sure I understand.

You want to have JRemote show the [Album] category (so you're picking directly from the albums), but have it sorted by [Album Artist]?  Is that right?

First of all, it is worth mentioning, when making any Media Views, if you want to use the [Album Artist] system, you'll probably generally want to use [Album Artist (auto)] as a category in place of [Album Artist].  The former fills using [Artist] automatically if [Album Artist] is blank, and so it usually works better.

The answer depends on what you want... If you want to display something like:
[Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]

That's easy.  Make one like this:

Click to embiggen.

If you want to sort-by [Album Artist (auto)] but only display the words from [Album], then this might be more challenging (though probably not impossible).

2. In the main list to have two lines of text, one on top of the other, indicating Album Artist and below it the Album title.

I don't think you can modify the captions shown by JRemote in the file-listing, apart from the three different view modes it provides.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 12:13:49 am »

Note that you must quit out of and completely re-launch MC (including the Media Server component that runs up by the clock, if you have that set to run on startup) for changes to Media Network Views to take effect.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Foxman50

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 01:52:46 pm »

Glynor

Many thanks for your help, that view is good enough. It allows me to see everything now. Shame I can't get two lines of text but you can't have everything.

Thanks again

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 04:23:47 pm »

I have two questions:

1. would it be possible to enable copying/pasting of a set of custom views in a batch?

2. I added a custom field named „mood“. I configured it as semicolon separated list After each automatic library import it is reset to character string. Other semicolon separated fields are not reset. What’s going on?
Pages: [1]   Go Up