INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WASAPI configuration  (Read 7743 times)

teodorom

• Junior Woodchuck
WASAPI configuration
« on: May 11, 2015, 05:34:45 pm »

Sorry if I introduce again the topic, that has been discussed so (too) much.
But I was unable (searching through the huge amount of post) to find anything that resembles to what happens to me.
I have Windows 7 Ultimate on a Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz, 64-bit Operating System.
The JRiver MC version is 18.0.212.
Until now I was happy to "live" with an ASIO driver (ASIO4All), but, reading the Administrator saying that WASAPI would be better I give it a try.
Yes, it worked ... but the output was plagued by some annoying clicks & pops.
I was a pity, because, apart the noises, the sound was more "alive" than with the ASIO driver. You can try to listen to "Solea", a sample found in http://bluecoastrecords.com/free-downloads/california-audio-show-2014: I play the guitar, so that I know what happens when a player is strong on his instrument.
The only way to avoid those clicks & pops was to "x Disable Event Style".
But, with that I had another problem: wow & flutter.
Evident in listening the first movement of the 1st Mahler Symphony: the violins start with a "chirping of cicadas", that should not sound as a sinusoidal signal.
Not even a sinusoidal signal, a "wow, wow, wow, ...".
Situation is now much, much better (but I don't have an oscilloscope on my output, but I have some tracks with sinusoidal signals) putting the Buffering "Minimum Hardware Size".
So, let me summarize:
  • x Disable Event Style
  • Buffering "Minimum Hardware Size"
  • Buffering "Play files from memory instead of disk (not zone specific)"
Should I be happy with that, or there is something wrong with my setup ?
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up