INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to Play Selected File....sometimes. OMG wife wants cable...HELP!!!  (Read 1490 times)

muirriver

hello all.

first post here.

We have been using JRiver for a number of years and are very happy with JRiver itself.  We have a WDTV Live box that is int he bedroom for watching recorded or movies there.  All of our movies play just fine.  UNLESS  you have already watched them in the bedroom.  Once that happens and you let the movie finish all the way to the end you cannot watch it again.

All i get us Unable to Play Selected file.  If i stop the movie before the end, i can rewind and watch it again.  I can watch it just fine on my main Media Player.  Wife is very frustrated and is treatening cable.  somebody please help.

We have already uprgraded the firmware...in fact i think this is when the problem started.

Should we ditch the WDTV and opt for something else.  Searching reveals this is a common problem with no clear solution  other than powering off .. or a factory reset ...which btw doesn't work to fix the problem

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome.  I'm not sure why it won't play.  MC uses "bookmarks" to remember where you are in the movie.  You can clear a bookmark by hitting the stop button twice.  It's also a tag in the file and can be cleared there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up