INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burn audio CD not in Action Window  (Read 5095 times)

Harry Wagter

Burn audio CD not in Action Window
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:44:29 am »

Hello,

I want to burn an audio CD but now I cannot find the "burn" menu in the action window.
There are no options I could find in the menu bar....

Kind regards
Harry

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Burn audio CD not in Action Window
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 11:15:37 am »

I just looked all over and couldn't find it.  I followed the instructions in the Wiki and, like you, couldn't find the Burn option in the Actions pane at the lower left.  I'm totally guessing here, but maybe it's not included in the Mac OSX version (yet)?

Luckily there are some good free disc burning options for OSX, both for making Audio CDs as well as Data CDs.  One option is Burn:

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

I've used Burn on occasion and it's worked fine.  I know I've used Burn in the past to do FLACs directly to audio CDs, but I can't seem to make that work right now.  I know it can do it, and it certainly works from WAV files, as well as MP3.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 12:39:30 pm »

It wasn't available previously, though I did find a note from John from back in early March:

Definitely look for it this week.  Thanks for your patience!

There's nothing in the change log about it since then, though. So something must have fallen out somewhere.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 01:45:45 pm »

Hello,

I want to burn an audio CD but now I cannot find the "burn" menu in the action window.
There are no options I could find in the menu bar....

Kind regards
Harry

+1. I've been waiting patiently so I can burn compilations to play in the car. An update of the general time frame for implementation would be appreciated.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 04:10:13 pm »

+1. I've been waiting patiently so I can burn compilations to play in the car. An update of the general time frame for implementation would be appreciated.

Is there any way to make this happen on a Mac? Even with a workaround? My ripped audio files are in FLAC and APE format.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 10:01:21 pm »

Alternative procedure:

A.  Have MC create WAVs of the files you want to burn to CD and put them in a directory.
  A1.  Use Library Tools > Convert Format .  Choose WAV.  Use Options to tell MC where to put the files and to NOT add them to the library.
  OR
  A2.  Create a handheld definition and configure the definition to convert to WAV on sync.  This will also let you end up with a directory full of WAV files, waiting to be burned.

B.  Download Burn and use it to burn the WAV files to CD:
http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Burn is pretty friendly.  I've used it a dozen times or so to create CDs.

Overall, not quite as convenient as a "burn CD" function in MC.  But the thing is, I don't see JRiver devoting any time to this function.  Why?  Because it's fundamentally different to burn CDs on Mac than it is on Windows.  Which means this isn't a "quick easy function" for them to add.  Burning CDs isn't very popular any more, so I don't expect JRiver wants to devote programming time to it.  But I'm just speculating, as I'm just a customer like you, so I don't know what they are thinking or planning.

Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up