INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Izotope Ozone 5 vst plug-in  (Read 8123 times)

artto

• Recent member
Izotope Ozone 5 vst plug-in
« on: May 13, 2015, 05:52:05 pm »

I'm currently still using J River 17 (Have purchased current version but not installed yet).

I have Izotope Ozone 5 which I usually use for mastering in Sony Acid Pro7 and Sound Forge Pro. Ozone is a wonderful piece of software. I would like to use it in real-time with J River but I always get an error message when trying to install it.

I've tried Player --> DSP Studio --> Manage Plug-ins --> Add JRiver, VST, or Winamp Plug-in --> Select Plug-In File --> iZone5.dll or iZone5DXHook.dll, OR Tools --> Plug-in Manager --> Add Plug-in --> Browse for Plug-in --> Select Plug-in File.

Both result in "Error - Failed to install plug-in"

Is this a version issue, or am I doing something wrong issue, or an incompatibility issue?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Izotope Ozone 5 vst plug-in
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:29:28 pm »

You need to use the 32-bit version vs the 64-bit version since JRiver has a 32-bit software architecture. Are you using the 32-bit version?

artto

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 06:54:53 pm »

You need to use the 32-bit version vs the 64-bit version since JRiver has a 32-bit software architecture. Are you using the 32-bit version?

I've tried both 32bit & 64bit. Same error message.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 08:39:27 am »

Ozone 6 works for me in MC 20...

artto

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 01:39:01 pm »

Izotope tech support said the file that needs to be used is called "iZotope Ozone 5.dll". The only selections that showed up in J River were "iZOzone5.dll" and "iZOzone5hook.dll", both of which are hook files that iZotope Ozone 5.dll uses.

I found the iZotope Ozone 5.dll file and copied it to C:\Program Files(x86)\J River\Media Center 17\Plugins. Ozone 5 then showed up as a selection in the DSP Options. Click on Enable to use it. After that you can un-click or select Bypass in Ozone 5 to enable/disable it.

It works with FLAC files too. I was afraid I might have to rip my CDs again since most were ripped to FLAC instead of WAV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up