INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists (images+music) - I'm having some trouble with slide show  (Read 1154 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I setup a Playlist to show images of my recent vacation. This is the first time I've used a Playlist for images. I named it "BlueRidgeMts". When I go to Theater View and click on "Playlists" , it shows up and offers an option to view my images as a slide show. This is good.

Then I added some music files (per glynor's instruction). I created a new Playlist called "BlueRidgeSlideShow". Here's where I ran into trouble:

1) I no longer get the option for "slide show". I assume this is because I added music files.

2) When I select "Play All" in Theater View for the playlist, it does not advance to the next image or play music. I can manually advance. But if I go into "Theater View > Images >Folders (or maybe it was Albums)" and select the Playlist and hit "Play All", it works as desired. Why the different behavior? I'd like to be able to do the slide show presentation from the Theater View >Playlist screen.

3) I wanted to delete the original "BlueRidgeMts" Playlist, which I did, but it keeps reappearing (coming back). How do I permanently delete this (does having Client machines affect this delete behavior on the Server)? Also I only created one playlist "BlueRidgeMts" but I see it in two locations; under Playlists (with my other music playlists) and at the bottom of the Playlists section by itself. I deleted it from both places. I still see it my Client.

4) I went to Support >Wiki (it goes to the FAQ page) but there is no link for "Playlists". However if you click on "Smartlists" there is a link there for Playlist info.  I mention this only in case you want to update the links page. 
Unfortunately the link did not help answer my questions.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Playlists (images+music) - I'm having some trouble with slide show
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 12:09:25 pm »

I can't check right now, but I'm sure that in Theater View, you need to enter the playlist so that you see the mixed list of music and image files, then hit the "Play All" button. It should work then.

As for your reappearing playlist...

You need to shut down any client MCs that are running, then on the server machine, carry out your playlist maintenance, and when done, reconnect the clients. There are various threads around regarding this bug, but I don't have them bookmarked. In one, Hendrik acknowledged the bug, which is apparently a minefield of fixing. For now, this is your only option.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 03:39:04 pm »

Ah ha, so that is the answer - shut down Clients first then delete unwanted playlist from Server.
Thanks

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 03:54:09 pm »

Yeah. Playlist sync is somewhat fraught with peril.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up