INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Ids and DLNA  (Read 3190 times)

gabeg

• World Citizen
Two Ids and DLNA
« on: May 17, 2015, 09:58:20 pm »

I've got two Ids and they can't see each other via DLNA.   They show up on my windows machines.   I know I can directly link but I'd like to do it via DLNA for various reasons.

Any ideas?

gabeg

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 08:20:50 am »

Anyone?  Any ideas why how ids wouldn't see each other as renderers but still see other renderers including jriver on Windows?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Two Ids and DLNA
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:30:07 am »

Could you describe the network?  Are there two segments?

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 09:26:25 am »

Both on the same switch / router.  Pretty simple.

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 05:05:38 pm »

I'm using a Netgear R6500 router and both IDs are hard wired to it.   Upnp is activated and as far as I know everything is set up properly for the router. 

While the IDs see each other as controllers and can pull from each other, I'm puzzled why they don't see each other as renderers (both also have all the boxes for controller, server and renderer checked).  They can see other renderers with no problem (includer jriver windows).

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 11:01:11 am »

Do you need more info?  What else?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 11:28:34 am »

Two diagnostic questions:
1) Can you see both Ids as renderers on your Windows instance?  You've said you can see your windows instance from the Ids, but can you see them both as renderers and play to them from the Windows box?
2) If you look under options-->media network on the two Ids are the access keys by any chance the same or are they different (don't post them here, just confirm whether they're the same or different)?

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 12:26:03 pm »

Two diagnostic questions:
1) Can you see both Ids as renderers on your Windows instance?  You've said you can see your windows instance from the Ids, but can you see them both as renderers and play to them from the Windows box?
2) If you look under options-->media network on the two Ids are the access keys by any chance the same or are they different (don't post them here, just confirm whether they're the same or different)?

1) they're both visible as renderers when looking at windows version of jriver though sometimes it takes a while to show up
2) different access keys

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 12:29:14 pm »

Well, I'm just about stumped. 

One last thought: if you look under the view menu, there's a "show/hide zones" submenu.  The Ids aren't by chance hidden from one another there?

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 01:01:17 pm »

Well, I'm just about stumped. 

One last thought: if you look under the view menu, there's a "show/hide zones" submenu.  The Ids aren't by chance hidden from one another there?

I'll check when i get home.  One data point I forgot to mention.  One Id is on beta11 (or 12?)  so I can remote into it and the other is on the latest official build (which means one is using an .93 version of MC).  Might that be part of it?  It hadn't occurred to me until now.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 03:30:00 pm »

I'll check when i get home.  One data point I forgot to mention.  One Id is on beta11 (or 12?)  so I can remote into it and the other is on the latest official build (which means one is using an .93 version of MC).  Might that be part of it?  It hadn't occurred to me until now.
The version differences shouldn't matter.
It's possible they are broadcasting the same uuids. You could try clearing the database on one of them (including the settings).

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 04:34:21 pm »

Ok.  When you say clear the database, what do you mean?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 05:15:41 pm »

File > Library > Library Manager

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 08:02:23 pm »

BINGO!