INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: apt-get remove libgssglue1?  (Read 2072 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
apt-get remove libgssglue1?
« on: May 22, 2015, 09:20:40 pm »

Updated my USB_Id (on a Gigabyte GB-BXi3H-4010) to MC20.0.110 and at the end of the process the mainmenu shell terminal output tells me that libgssglue1 is excess to requirements and recommends to run "apt-get autoremove" to clean it up.

More precisely, this is the message:
Code: [Select]
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
    libgssglue1
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.

?  Anything that I should do?  

The linux commands for this are easy enough but, notwithstanding that I understand the user is restricted from running a Linux shell, I thought that the Id concept entailed the little dude keeping his doorstep clean.

Standing by ...
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

bob

• Administrator
Re: apt-get remove libgssglue1?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:54:34 am »

Updated my USB_Id (on a Gigabyte GB-BXi3H-4010) to MC20.0.110 and at the end of the process the mainmenu shell terminal output tells me that libgssglue1 is excess to requirements and recommends to run "apt-get autoremove" to clean it up.

More precisely, this is the message:
Code: [Select]
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
    libgssglue1
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove it.

?  Anything that I should do?  

The linux commands for this are easy enough but, notwithstanding that I understand the user is restricted from running a Linux shell, I thought that the Id concept entailed the little dude keeping his doorstep clean.

Standing by ...
I'd just ignore it. It's a small package that's not needed anymore.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: apt-get remove libgssglue1?
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 03:22:38 pm »

Thanks for the feedback. Noted.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT
Pages: [1]   Go Up