INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [solved] MC-DSP for DLNA/Upnp?  (Read 9900 times)

outis

• Recent member
[solved] MC-DSP for DLNA/Upnp?
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:27:06 am »

Hello,

is this setup possible: Apply DSP-settings on-the-fly to a playlist, send the music to a (virtual loop-)device and redirect the stream to a renderer on the (local) network?

TIA

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC-DSP for DLNA/Upnp?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 02:39:18 pm »

Hello,

is this setup possible: Apply DSP-settings on-the-fly to a playlist, send the music to a (virtual loop-)device and redirect the stream to a renderer on the (local) network?

TIA
You can apply DSP settings on the fly to a DLNA server settings so that anything played using that server will get the DSP settings.
You can't apply the DSP settings to a particular playlist.

outis

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 03:08:18 pm »

I tried this without any success:

Options|Media Network|Add or configure DLNA-Servers:
Audio
- Mode: Specified output format only when necessary
- Advanced| DSP-Studio:
Every option I can enable, but I get the message '... current playback doesn't support processing'

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 04:07:54 pm »

This should work, but you'll need to
- Mode: Specified output format only when necessary

I've used the Windows version of MC UPnP server with DSP (convolution and parametric EQ) for several months
I believe the Linux version does the same.
You will get error messages like 'Not valid' in the audio path window etc., but DLNA server is actually sending a DSP'ed stream.
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

outis

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 11:29:30 am »

Unfortunately this doesn't work on Linux.

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 09:24:27 am »

Strange. I've just tested this on a Debian 8 install. Worked fine with convolution and parametric eq - apart from the fact that the PC was underpowered (atom 450) so I had stuttering on 176.4 and 192 kHz sample rates. On redbook I had no problem.

EDIT: the UPnP server part that is. I have not tried the playlist part in your original question.
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 10:21:04 am »

The DSP setting is tied to the server not anything else and can be enabled when you specific the mode as stated by ogs.
Then that server can be associated with a specific rendering device by right-clicking on that device in your zone list and doing "associate with DLNA server"

outis

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 12:02:30 pm »

Thanks a lot!

I don't know if I understand you correctly. I've only one (generic) DLNA-Server active in MC, which is associated per default with the renderer(s). Activating the DSP-Dialog for a renderer (right-click on it) I've got the message, DSP is possible only for local zones. OK - so I've combined the local zone with the renderer and I've muted the local zone (my netbook). Now it is possible to configure DSP in the local zone. And that configuration is valid for the combined renderer too. :)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 02:16:56 pm »

Thanks a lot!

I don't know if I understand you correctly. I've only one (generic) DLNA-Server active in MC, which is associated per default with the renderer(s). Activating the DSP-Dialog for a renderer (right-click on it) I've got the message, DSP is possible only for local zones. OK - so I've combined the local zone with the renderer and I've muted the local zone (my netbook). Now it is possible to configure DSP in the local zone. And that configuration is valid for the combined renderer too. :)
The configuration for DLNA DSP is NOT done via right-clicking on the renderer, it's in the DLNA server configuration under Audio->Advanced->DSP Studio

ksalno

• Recent member
Re: [solved] MC-DSP for DLNA/Upnp?
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 09:59:00 pm »

I have a related question. My DAC only accepts up to 192K on the Network connection. So I went into the DSP Studio settings in the DLNA configuration screen and checked Output Format and then set 352K to be down sampled to 176K. However, when I try to stream a 352K file from MC, it won't play. The DAC doesn't even see it. The only way I can get the file to stream is to go into the DLNA Server configuration screen and manually change the Sample Rate from Same As Source to 176 or 192K. DSP Studio seems to have no effect.

Any suggestions for how to configure my DLNA renderer so the DSP Studio settings will automatically down sample my higher res files so I can avoid manually having to keep setting the sample rate?

bob

• Administrator
Re: [solved] MC-DSP for DLNA/Upnp?
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 12:36:17 pm »

I have a related question. My DAC only accepts up to 192K on the Network connection. So I went into the DSP Studio settings in the DLNA configuration screen and checked Output Format and then set 352K to be down sampled to 176K. However, when I try to stream a 352K file from MC, it won't play. The DAC doesn't even see it. The only way I can get the file to stream is to go into the DLNA Server configuration screen and manually change the Sample Rate from Same As Source to 176 or 192K. DSP Studio seems to have no effect.

Any suggestions for how to configure my DLNA renderer so the DSP Studio settings will automatically down sample my higher res files so I can avoid manually having to keep setting the sample rate?
Sorry this is a know issue.
The sample rate can't be changed in DSP studio, you can only use the options under the Audio->Advanced section of the DLNA server settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up