INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BluRay disc plays sections in wrong order  (Read 2011 times)

torpadal

• Recent member
BluRay disc plays sections in wrong order
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:02:15 am »

Hi, I've got 'The imitation Game' film on a BluRay disc (orginal) but when I try to play it on my PC, With JRiver v19.0163, it plays the different sections of the film in the wrong order.
I have anyDVD HD installed and normally I use that to Rip to Harddisk and then play the film from there. In this case that also is played in the wrong order.
Why?
How do I avoid this?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: BluRay disc plays sections in wrong order
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 11:06:29 am »

Some discs use this as a copy-protection mechanism. Make sure your AnyDVD HD is up-to-date. Sometimes you also have to pick another "title" to play, as the disc has a lot of "bogus" titles which have this broken behaviour. Unfortunately MC cannot detect the difference.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

torpadal

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 11:53:00 am »

thanks for a super quick reply. anyDVD is updated to latest Version. There  are some 30 'titles' to choose from so impossible to find the right one. And they wonder why people download instead of buying...

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 12:38:20 pm »

thanks for a super quick reply. anyDVD is updated to latest Version. There  are some 30 'titles' to choose from so impossible to find the right one. And they wonder why people download instead of buying...

Someone else posted a few weeks ago about this exact issue with this specific film: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95165.msg672787#msg672787

I went and checked my copy of the Imitation Game, but mine only has one large title and a handful of smaller ones (fewer than 10 in all).  I wonder if it's a North American vs. International release issue?  Or something else?  

If you sniff around on various BluRay forums you'll likely find that someone out there has identified the "correct" title.
Pages: [1]   Go Up