INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Ripping Problem  (Read 1604 times)

Weirdomusic

• Recent member
CD Ripping Problem
« on: June 07, 2015, 05:05:29 am »

I run into the following problem after updating to version 115:
When ripping CDs to FLAC it now takes several tries for the database to display the correct CD info.
In the previous version I used (112 I think; MC is new for me, so I didn't really check) I could rip CD after CD without any problems: CD would eject after ripping, I would pop in a new CD and the correct info would be displayed.

What happens now is that after I ripped "Album 1" I put "Album 2" in the CD drive, but MC then shows me the metadata for "Album 1" again. Even after I eject the CD again, put it back in and have the database check/analyse it again, the same happens most of the time (not always: I've had a few tries where the correct data would show up after 2 or 3 rechecks). When I shutdown MC and restart it and then put the CD in the tray the database will finally recognize it.

Any ideas? I was just on a roll re-ripping my collection to losless files, so it would be a shame if I had to stop now :-)

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
CD Ripping Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 08:50:57 am »

What happens now is that after I ripped "Album 1" I put "Album 2" in the CD drive, but MC then shows me the metadata for "Album 1" again. Even after I eject the CD again, put it back in and have the database check/analyse it again, the same happens most of the time (not always: I've had a few tries where the correct data would show up after 2 or 3 rechecks). When I shutdown MC and restart it and then put the CD in the tray the database will finally recognize it.

Having a difficult time reproducing this since the change in 20.0.114:
5. Fixed: CD ripping problems.  Certain workflows were causing metadata from a previous disc to display for newly inserted discs.

I've tried ripping five or six CDs using the method you described and they all worked as expected.  You're definitely on build 115?  Do you think you could provide a log file?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Weirdomusic

• Recent member
CD Ripping Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 09:57:04 am »

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, it's build 115.... and after a reboot of my system I can't reproduce this either  ?
I'll keep an eye on it, but for now it looks like a temporary glitch (Could the connection to the online database have been the problem?).
Pages: [1]   Go Up