INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New problem with old IPOD classic  (Read 4993 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
New problem with old IPOD classic
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:32:56 pm »

Windows 8.1, MediaCenter 19.0.163, 160gb Ipod classic.
I've been using this combination for a while. 
I haven't added anything since the last time I did a sync. 
Today I created a new playlist and added some songs to another.
Try to sync and get a message:
"None of the tracks can be transferred.
Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types."

Any ideas where to start?
Thanks

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: New problem with old IPOD classic
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 04:04:19 pm »

I've seen that error occasionally with my Ipod Classic but the #1 IT response of "Please restart your computer" fixed the issue each time.  So 1st try soft reset of Ipod and restart PC before you start pulling your hair out :-)
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 04:42:57 am »

Thanks, Just tried that and no joy..  
I noticed there were about a dozen windows updates on one day so I rolled the system back to before that and get the same thing.

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 08:15:59 pm »

My only other thought - are you converting format?  If yes JRM saves all converted files to C:\Users\"USER NAME"\Music\JRiver Conversion Cache\.  Perhaps one of the windows updates change folder permissions in such a way that files can't be transferred to Ipod?

Are you able to drag and drop file from above folder directly to Ipod in File Manager?  I just dragged an m4a file over to photo folder that way and it copied with no issue.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of sarcasm known to the State of California to cause irritation.

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 10:03:56 pm »

Files copy t and from the IPOD fine.  I rolled back to rule out the windows updates and had the same results.  There weren't any files added to the library since the last sync, just changed playlists.  
The whole library syncs to the ipod, some convert from WMA to MP3 some are already MP3.  
I've got no idea where to go from here.  I've tried rolling back the windows restore point, rolled back my MC library and there's no delay as soon as I hit "sync" I get that error.
I'm thinking of installing ITunes, clearing the Ipod and starting over but, I'm afraid if I clear the Ipod and have the same problem I won't be able to use it at all....

beats_works

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 03:55:10 pm »

FYI - my software version is 2.0.5 Pc Firmware 1.62. Possible that connecting via Itunes might clean/update something.

Under "Voodo" ideas did you right click on Ipod in MC and try Initialize and Compact Database?

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 04:46:39 am »

Thanks for the help beats_works.
I compacted the database and didn't help.  REALLY didn't want to Initialize the Ipod but, did.
8 hours later it seems to be working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up