INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where's The Record Button?  (Read 3255 times)

BenWaB3

Where's The Record Button?
« on: June 11, 2015, 03:53:04 pm »

I've been trying to set up JRiver to record. The help links say to go to Tools > Advanced Tools > Record. There is no Record option in the Advanced Tools pane. Is it located somewhere else now or has it been removed? I have version 20.0.115. Thanks.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Where's The Record Button?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 04:19:04 pm »

What are you trying to record?

For TV recording, check here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Television

For Audio recording, this advice appears to be relevant:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/To_Record
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

BenWaB3

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 10:36:14 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to record streaming audio. I had already tried the advice in the second link in your post but again when I try to follow the path directions in the link (Tools > Advanced Tools > Record Sound) there is no Record Sound option in Advanced Tools. That's where I'm running into the dead end. Thanks again.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 10:53:48 pm »

The page in question is pretty clearly marked as deprecated. I cleaned it up a bit just now, but it has included a the following note right at the top since 2013:

== Deprecated Function ==

Line-in recording has been removed from Media Center as of v18, because the external library used was not cross-platform.

If you have an ASIO device, you can replicate this functionality by:
* Configuring Tools > Options > Audio to use ''Disk Writer'' as the output device.
* Use File > Open Live to input from your ASIO device's line-in.

The following instructions are relevant only to Media Center 17 or earlier.

Are you using MC17 or earlier?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 10:58:46 pm »

To record live streams with your computer, you may want to check out:

* Audio Hijack for Mac: If you have a Mac, this is a highly-recommended app.
* Total Recorder for Windows. I haven't used this because I'd just use Audio Hijack on one of my Macs, but the Rogue Amoeba folks recommend this as a decent Windows alternative.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 04:35:53 am »

The "deprecated" side of things was pretty clear with the original entry. I suspect it was your handiwork marking it as such. Nice.

I expected that audio was the objective, which is why I did a Wiki search and posted the URL. My unashamed philosophy is to point everyone, myself included, to the Wiki. It's not perfect but it contains the answers more often than not.

To record live streams with your computer, you may want to check out:

* Audio Hijack for Mac: If you have a Mac, this is a highly-recommended app.
* Total Recorder for Windows. I haven't used this because I'd just use Audio Hijack on one of my Macs, but the Rogue Amoeba folks recommend this as a decent Windows alternative.

Audacity might be another option. I leave the reader to search the web for a link.. just for fun ..  ;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

BenWaB3

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 08:33:03 am »

Thanks for the replies. My version of JRiver is 20.0.115 (not sure about the last 3 numbers as I'm away from the home computer at this time). It's sounding like I don't have that option with this later version of the software. I did pick up Total Recorder a few days ago & have been trying to learn that program but often their instructions are as clear as mud. Therefore I thought since I already have JRiver to try to accomplish the recording of online streaming through it instead. I also have Majix Audio Cleaning Lab & it works but I do notice a small difference (very subtle but still there) when comparing the recorded version from it with a replay of the audio stream. I'm pretty sure that program doesn't allow you to bypass the sound card/windows mixer on the input so that is probably the reason. I'm just looking for a solution that lets me take the pure bits from the stream & deposit them in a file that is subsequently saved - no passing through the sound card or mixer. I was hoping JRiver would have that option. Thanks again
Pages: [1]   Go Up