INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buy Back program?  (Read 3428 times)

Ferdi

• World Citizen
Buy Back program?
« on: June 14, 2015, 11:15:53 pm »

hi,

Is there a buy-back program for the ID, or is eBay my only option? I am beyond the 30d return period.
Won't go into details publicly - ping me direct-message, and I'll be happy to give objective feedback.

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Buy Back program?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:44:28 am »

What was the problem you had?  Did you try updating the Id?

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 09:23:40 am »

Many problems and questions, some of the most disruptive once posted and not solved.
Latest: empty library / files that can't be found - happened out of the blue y'day, files at same locations and accessible, can reconnect to file system on NAS but nothing is imported - and replay issues (no sound with video, needs a restart).
Yes - Id is up to date.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 11:16:26 am »

If you could post a link or two to the problems, we'll try to help.

Importing from a NAS depends on the NAS being well behaved.  Attaching a USB drive to the Id is a safer solution.

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 12:20:05 pm »

Thanks, Jim.

I know that interoperability is a challenge, especially for smaller software houses like yours.

Still, at this stage I have invested as much time and effort as I am willing to invest into ID. I have a family and other things to take care off, and I am not optimistic that the other challenges I had described can be solved and stabilized. One reason for this are comments from you like "Attaching a USB drive to the Id is a safer solution", and similar ones you made to in responses to my post. I made a pro-ID decision based on described features. I don't want to change my complete home set up because features of the ID are not stable or the interoperability is not working as described. Music is the passion that lead me to ID, not networking.

The unresolved issues can be found by looking up my profile and looking at my posts.

I will continue using MC on my PC for managing my music, for that MC is the best on the planet. But for networked playing, I will look at other solutions, possibly extending my 'trial' Sonos set up, which just works like a charm since the minute I put it in, or go back to the hated-loved Apple set up.

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 10:03:10 pm »

I guess that the answer to my question is a 'no' then?
Fair enough.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 01:02:19 am »

I'm on vacation for a couple of weeks, but please e-mail me with a good description of the problem you have.  jimh at jriver

And please explain the implied "not as described" here:

One reason for this are comments from you like "Attaching a USB drive to the Id is a safer solution", and similar ones you made to in responses to my post. I made a pro-ID decision based on described features. I don't want to change my complete home set up because features of the ID are not stable or the interoperability is not working as described.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 12:41:19 pm »

Many problems and questions, some of the most disruptive once posted and not solved.
Latest: empty library / files that can't be found - happened out of the blue y'day, files at same locations and accessible, can reconnect to file system on NAS but nothing is imported - and replay issues (no sound with video, needs a restart).
Yes - Id is up to date.

In auto-import options:

Check that Fix Broken Links is set to "no".
And that:
"Ignore files previously removed from library" is not activated.

My guess is that your NAS went offline and MC removed the files from the library, and now is ignoring them.

Your issues don't seem insurmountable at all.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 03:17:04 pm »

@frefrefri

PM me. I would be interested in buying the ID from you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up