INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Theater View to appear on second monitor by default. [solved]  (Read 1715 times)

Mark Robertson

• Recent member

Hi Folks

Just test driving Media Center as a possible replacement for WMC. In WMC I use the option to have it launch by default (full screen) on my second monitor (which is a projector in the living room).

I'm struggling to get JRiver to mimic this behaviour. I've set it to open in theatre view. Opened and closed it on the second monitor so that (as other programs seem to do) it should, when reopened, launch on the second monitor. It doesn't.

It opens in Theater View on my first monitor, which is in a different room. If I then close Theater View to go into Standard View, the Standard View window is then on Monitor Two. So Standard View seems happy to "stick" to Monitor Two, but Theater View always seems to default to Monitor One.

Any ideas on how to get Theater View to launch by default on Monitor Two?  Cloning the monitors isn't an option for other reasons.

Cheers

Mark

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Need Theater View to appear on second monitor by default.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 01:35:12 pm »

When I try to reproduce your behavior it acts as expected.  If I close it on screen two, it will open on screen two, and vice versa.  Hmmm...
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 02:36:25 pm »

I think by default the screen is picked based on where the main program is.  So if the program is on monitor #1, then Theater View will be on monitor #1.  And the same thing with monitor #2.

However, looking at the program, I see an option "Full screen: Monitor" in Options > Tree & View.  It defaults to "Nearest monitor" but you can manually pick any monitor attached to the system there.

Does that solve the problem?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mark Robertson

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 01:25:22 am »

Hurrah! That seems to have sorted it. Thank you.

Some initial kerfuffle after first selecting "Display 2" in that option. "Open in Theater View" was still selected, but "Standard View" had last opened and shut on Display 1. So on exiting Theater View to Standard View, Standard View then hopped to Display 1. Not a problem, of course, but for the fact that Standard View seemed to be so confused by this that it froze. Had to shut everything down via Windows Task Manager. Tried again. Same thing. Standard View still frozen on Display 1. Which left me with no way to move Standard View or indeed adjust any settings since, whenever I got to Standard View it was frozen.

Only option was to disable Display 2, forcing both views onto Display one, select Display 1 in the tree view options, uncheck "open in Theater View". Then enable Display 2 again. Pull Standard view across to Display two. Shut it down then re-open it to make sure it stays on Display two. Then select Display 2 in the tree view options. Then select open in Theater View.

All seems to be working now, but ye Gods it didn't make things easy.

Thanks for you help.

Cheers

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up