INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instructions for getting WebGizmo going?  (Read 2568 times)

aynsof

• Recent member
Instructions for getting WebGizmo going?
« on: June 15, 2015, 04:23:10 pm »

Hi Folks, I’m always hesitant to use the forum because I figure the answer must be staring me in the face ten times over and I don’t want to seem like a dolt…but here goes:

I cannot webgizmo going. I know I’m supposed to configure my router to allow access to port 52199, but I honestly have no idea how to do this. Bob writes this:

“I can't tell you anything about that specific router but in general you will want to do this:
Port forward 52199 to the server PC's lan address.
That lan address should be fixed, either a static address or a static DHCP lease.
Port forwarding by default forwards the address and port on the wan interface of the router to the destination you put into the port forward.
For example, if my outside (internet) ip address is 1.2.3.4 and my PC's lan address is 192.168.0.3 then the port forward looks like this:

1.2.3.4:52199 -> 192.168.0.3:52199

In some cases it's possible to have a different destination port than the source port but that is NOT your aim here.”

But I confess I need more specific and detailed instructions, and I mean really idiot-proof details. Any help would be much appreciated. (And I fear I may need more help even after getting past this hurdle…you have been warned!)

Many thanks!

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Idiot-proof instructions for getting WebGizmo going?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 04:42:32 pm »

this site has some easy tutorials.. maybe this will help you

ive linked you to the router choice page, just search for the router you have manufacture/model, then follow the guide to port forward (once you select your router, then you will be given the option to chose specific programs, click J for jriver Media center, then they will give you detailed instructions with photos)

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm (just hit close/the X in top right when they throw ads at you)
Most of the router model guides have jriver media center as an option to guide you even further.

Edit, if you want to give me exact manufacture/model of your router, i could give you direct link for port forwarding, and then also a guide for setting the static if you wish.

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Idiot-proof instructions for getting WebGizmo going?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 06:37:50 pm »

Just a quick question to clarify - you want to be able to use Web Gizmo over the internet when you're not at home?

aynsof

• Recent member
Re: Instructions for getting WebGizmo going?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 11:34:57 pm »

Thanks so much for the quick reply folks. It's evening  here and I will investigate your kindly-provided link tomorrow.
In the meantime...:

My router is     Arris TC862G/CT

In my dreams I'd like to be able to listen in the car, so yes, I'm certainly hoping that I can connect out-of-network. (Gizmo (not WebGizmo) works fine in-network.)

I'm 52, so I'm inherently at a disadvantage:-)

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up