INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching all tag fields in JRemote  (Read 1943 times)

couchjr

• World Citizen
Searching all tag fields in JRemote
« on: June 23, 2015, 04:50:58 pm »

Forgive me if this has been covered--I couldn't find anything on it using the forum search tool  ;).  JRiver allows me to define many tags in my files, and I have used that capability extensively (conductor, orchestra, soloists, series, events, etc.) including some custom tags. These all show up and are searchable in JRiver itself, including on my DSF files.

I'm new to JRemote, and my early attempts suggest that it only searches on the few default tag fields at the left. So it will search on composer, but not conductor, for instance. Is there a setting in JRemote that either allows me to specify which tags to include in the search universe, or allows me to search all available tags?

If not, to whom would I address this as a feature request?

Many thanks!

couchjr

• World Citizen
Re: Searching all tag fields in JRemote
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 04:52:38 pm »

PS: I should have said I'm using JRemote iOS on an iPad Air 2.

couchjr

• World Citizen
Re: Searching all tag fields in JRemote
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:38:20 pm »

OK, it looks like you have to define each specific tag field as in the default search on the MC side. Then just typing the JRemote search string (e.g., Shostakovich, not "composer=Shostakovich") yields results, and the kind of results (albums vs. tracks) displayed depends on what library view you started in. And whether the results are limited to the currently active library depends on whether you click the search button at the right or the one at the left. Actually fairly powerful, but arcane to work out the desired permutation . . . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up