INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote access key problem  (Read 4082 times)

dswartzman

• Recent member
JRemote access key problem
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:33:44 am »

I am using MC19.  I have been using Gizmo on my Note 3.  It had accepted my Access Key. 

I wanted to switch to JRemote.

In initializing JRemote, it asked for my Access Key.  I entered the Access Key as found on MC19.  I got a response that says that the Access Key must be six characters, which my Access Key is.  It won't let me proceed.

There is a panel asking for my username and password.  I have been entering the username and Access Key found on MC19 into those two windows. 

What am I doing wrong?

DS

iamimdoc

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote access key problem
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 01:48:11 pm »

Out of town and can't check but perhaps it is the user name and password for the pc on which jriver resides

dswartzman

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 07:21:20 pm »

Thanks, but I get the same red box on my phone telling me that Access Codes have six letters.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 11:33:50 am »

I am using MC19.  I have been using Gizmo on my Note 3.  It had accepted my Access Key. 

I wanted to switch to JRemote.

In initializing JRemote, it asked for my Access Key.  I entered the Access Key as found on MC19.  I got a response that says that the Access Key must be six characters, which my Access Key is.  It won't let me proceed.

There is a panel asking for my username and password.  I have been entering the username and Access Key found on MC19 into those two windows. 

What am I doing wrong?

DS

Did you check for leading and trailing spaces (i.e. are you sure the access key you entered is only six characters?)

dswartzman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 02:06:47 pm »

I am pretty sure that is not the problem.  But I will try again this evening to make sure.

I sort of expected someone from JRiver to respond to my posting, since I bought their app and it isn't working.  Did I post this inquiry in the right place to get that kind of response?

DS

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 02:24:27 pm »

In the future, you should probably try posting over on the Remotes board for JRemote issues; boards for older versions of MC don't get as much dev attention because they're not "active" anymore, and it sounds like your issue is with the app, which is what the Remotes subforum is for.  Maybe a friendly mod will move this over (cross-posting is discouraged). 

I don't have a version of MC 19 installed anymore, so I can't test whether JRemote actually has an issue with MC19 or not.  One thing you can test (just to see) is if entering the IP address of your server directly instead of entering the access key works.  You could also try installing MC 20 (again, as a test) to see if you have the same connectivity issue.

dswartzman

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 02:34:59 pm »

Thanks.

I just posted the same inquiry over at Remotes.  (Sorry to everyone about the cross-posting.)

DS

Pages: [1]   Go Up