INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 Wake to Record and Windows 10  (Read 2631 times)

Tucker76

• Recent member
MC20 Wake to Record and Windows 10
« on: July 03, 2015, 05:00:58 pm »

In anticipation of WMC not being available in Windows 10, I am trying out JRiver MC 20.0.124. I have a multiboot system and have installed MC in a Windows 8 partition without WMC, and also in a Windows 10 test partition. The Windows 10 build is the latest, Build 101162.

I have a Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe card with a cable card since all the channels I get from Charter are encrypted. I'm in the US. The server and the client are in the same partition. I use MC for watching and recording TV. I have set the Media Server to start when when Windows boots.

The problem I'm having is that when I select a program to be recorded and put the Win 10 system to sleep (S3), it never wakes up to do the recording. When I manually wake the system, a MC pop up notes that a "Critical error occurred" and closes in 3 seconds. When I open MC I find that it has just started to record the program.

In the Win 8 system (same PC, second partition) the wake to record function is working fine.

I realize Win 10 is not yet an official OS, but it will be in less than 4 weeks. Will MC 20 support Win 10 when it becomes available on July 29th? Is MC development aware of any changes that MS has made to the Win 10 Task Scheduler that could cause this problem? I have checked the TV configurations of both partitions and believe they are identical.

Any ideas on how to fix this one? Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC20 Wake to Record and Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 05:22:55 pm »

That seems like a Win10 bug.  If it still exists after Win10 is released, we'll see what we can do.

It would be good to report it to MS.

Tucker76

• Recent member
Re: MC20 Wake to Record and Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 06:43:54 pm »

Thanks for the reply, Jim. I have reported it to MS via the Insider Program. We'll see if they find the bug.
Pages: [1]   Go Up