INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO question  (Read 1922 times)

Efjay

• World Citizen
ASIO question
« on: July 11, 2015, 06:17:39 pm »

I have an M-Audio 192 card. I usually utilize WASAPI set for exclusive. As the card support ASIO, I tried that out but I don't see an option to set it as exclusive. (I know it isn't being used exclusively as I can hear sounds in Internet Explorer.) Can that be done with that card?

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: ASIO question
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 03:33:50 am »

Is there a way within the M-Audio supplied audio driver to make ASIO exclusive?  There may be something in the control panel to set the M-Audio driver.  Or something in the Start menu for the M-Audio driver.  I no longer have an M-Audio device and I can't remember how they did things.

The other option is to disable the M-Audio in the Windows Sound settings dialog.  If you disable it in Window Sound then applications like Internet Explorer or Flash or Windows System Sounds won't be able to see it as an audio device.  But programs that connect to it through ASIO (like JRiver) will still be able to see it.  That would make it "exclusive" to just ASIO enabled applications and ASIO use.  Which is the way I did things when I was using an M-Audio FW410.

To disable the M-Audio device in Windows Sound
Go to Control Panel >> Sound
Select the Playback tab
Right-click on the entry for the device and select "Disable"

Efjay

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 01:56:46 pm »

I looked and didn't see a specific setting to make ASIO exclusive. I don't want to defeat all sound, all the time, so I'll likely stick with WASAPI, absent a better solution.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 04:31:04 pm »

I looked and didn't see a specific setting to make ASIO exclusive. I don't want to defeat all sound, all the time, so I'll likely stick with WASAPI, absent a better solution.

What I did was use a hardware mixer that was able to sum inputs and select specific inputs.  I was using a Mackie Big Knob monitor control.  System sounds went through one DAC (or onboard sound).  Music audio went through ASIO to my good DAC, and that DAC was configured to be exclusive for ASIO only.  Then used the Mackie Big Knob to mix and route the source(s) I wanted to listen to.

Now I'm using multiple computers and multiple DACs. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up