INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Display not consistently showing  (Read 1752 times)

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
Cover Art Display not consistently showing
« on: September 14, 2003, 01:59:49 am »

I have a strange problem: I have about 20,000 APE audio files each of them containing a cover art picture (usually around 60kb). Sometimes when I play a file, MC will not show the cover art although it is there and reproducable on another machine.
I am using a (relatively slow) EPIA 866 MHz C3 system but have had no problems with any other application. I ran defragmentation, so this is not the reason. Any other settings I could change to get cover art on a consistent basis?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover Art Display not consistently showing
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 04:42:19 am »

Please copy and paste your system info from MC Help?

What format of files won't play?  (gif, jpg, bmp, etc.)

Can you show that type of file in IE?

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 11:03:22 am »

Jim, I'll paste in my system configuration shortly, I am running MC on another computer and I don't have access to it at the moment.

The one thing I'd like to add to my bug report is that it only seems to happen when you play an entire album sequentially. In random mode I have not seen it happen yet.

The images that are stored inside the APE files are all jpg files, and they can perfectly be reproduced with IE. Again, with the first 3 songs of one album everything will be fine, then #4 and 5 won't show the cover and #6 will work fine again. All files are tages with images inside.

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 06:14:52 am »

Jim, here is my config:

Media Center Registered 9.0.180 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Centaur Unknown 859 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 245 MB, Free - 129 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   No CD drives found.
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JaWe

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 06:49:33 am »

I have also problems with Coverart in visualizations. Sometimes they just dissapper and are replaced with MJ surfboard logo. When I stop playback and press play again, they come back. This has happened with all versions of MC 9 and MC 9.1

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 08:50:13 pm »

I have this problem too. The cover art sometimes disappears and is replaced by a small box with a red X.  

It seems to occur after I edit tags, but I haven't a clue how to reproduce.

The problem goes away when I update the library by updating database fields from file tags.

Media Center Registered 9.1.256 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 109 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0600 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4134.600 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2003, 09:52:39 pm »

I'd like to add another bug in the cover art display: Usually you can see the picture which is stored within the file in properties. But often MC will tell that there is an inside file but not show it.  :'(

Has this happened to others as well?

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2003, 12:52:06 pm »

I'd like to add another bug in the cover art display: Usually you can see the picture which is stored within the file in properties. But often MC will tell that there is an inside file but not show it.

Had the same problem with some mp3's. Not always to say exactly why, but  remove the tag  and tagging new worked for me. It also happend when I did some tagging with my old tag editor  http://www.mp3-tag-editor.de  and didn't updated the libary afterwards. It seems MC is confused if libary entry and tag didn't match anymore and also fails with further tagging. In this case remove image and add image from file seems to work but had absolutly no effect. I removed this files from libary and imported themnew.

AC
Electricians do it 'til it Hz
Pages: [1]   Go Up