INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Who  (Read 4528 times)

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
Dr. Who
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:00:14 am »

Where did this Dr. Who Playlist come from?  Suddenly there's a new playlist in my listing that I did not put there called Dr. Who and I cannot get rid of it.  How do I delete it?  Why is it there?

Thanx

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Dr. Who
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 09:04:27 am »

info on dr. who http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97994.0

to remove...tools/options/general/features/untick it.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:09:33 am »

Great - thank you!  That worked.  

HTPC4ME

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:12:58 am »

not sure you'll have to wait for others to reply, but i assume the reason the right click doesnt work is because it isn't a playlist but rather a "feature" meaning a add on/plugin. hence why it's under features.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 09:18:53 am »

Would be nice to have a "feature" that would just simply shut down all of the "features" and just Media Center do what it's supposed to do - play music without all the fluff - the way I want it to.

But hey - who cares!  As long as I can get my tunes to play - that's all I need.

Also would be nice to have a way to import a "single tune file" rather than JR forcing me to put a "single tune into a folder" somewhere on my PC, and then importing it.  Whatever happened to "click and drag a tune over to JR from Windows Explorer?"  Simple!  Heck, even iTunes will allow this "feature!"

HTPC4ME

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 09:28:40 am »

Would be nice to have a "feature" that would just simply shut down all of the "features" and just Media Center do what it's supposed to do - play music without all the fluff - the way I want it to.
You can untick them all, as well as goto services and un do those as well.

not in front of pc now. but you should be able to drag/drop/play/add file. is automatically import files when played ticked in general?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 09:30:21 am »

Under the View menu, you can choose Audio Only.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 09:37:08 am »

Not sure how choosing "Audio Only" will get me the results I want.  I just want to be able to "import one single audio file."  Simple and quick.  I don't see how this can be done.  Have a look at the attachment here.  It's still forcing me to "import a folder."

Thanx ....

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 09:46:01 am »

Not sure how choosing "Audio Only" will get me the results I want.  I just want to be able to "import one single audio file."  Simple and quick.  I don't see how this can be done.  Have a look at the attachment here.  It's still forcing me to "import a folder."

Thanx ....

A couple of options here:

You can set the audio file to play in MC by default (in Windows) or with the 'open with' command in Windows, then in General settings set 'Automatically import files when played'.

You can also just drag and drop the file in to the open MC window.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 09:47:15 am »

You asked how to use MC just for audio.

For import, turn on "Shell Extensions" in MC's options, then right click on the file to see them.  You may need to reboot.

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 09:54:09 am »

I just want to be able to "import one single audio file."  Simple and quick.  I don't see how this can be done.  Have a look at the attachment here.  It's still forcing me to "import a folder."

I don't mean to be the guy saying "don't do it that way", but umm.... why would you want to only import one file?  Importing only one file implies that you won't have good disk organization.  Because it means you are skipping something else in the same folder.  Like other songs (which should probably be in MC), or other media (which should be somewhere else).

What's the utility of importing files outside of a full folder?

Brian.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 09:56:02 am »

Great advice - thanx.

I've set my General settings to'Automatically import files when played.  This alone will resolve my problem.

And, I have "enabled Shell extensions" which I think means that when I right click on any tune file, I'll have an option show up that will allow me to add the tune to the Media Center master list.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 10:00:33 am »

Let's see - regarding importing one tune file:  It simply should not matter how I do it.  What matters to me is that Media Center "handles" what I import in an "organized" way.  If I have to start "thinking" about how I import tunes - I'll just head back to iTunes!  And we all know how painful that will be!

Thanx !!!

blgentry

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 10:07:33 am »

Let's see - regarding importing one tune file:  It simply should not matter how I do it.  What matters to me is that Media Center "handles" what I import in an "organized" way.

But you're not thinking about organization at all.  This "one file here, one file there" approach is a recipe for disorganization.  Consider this:  When you eventually move all of your music to a new computer, or a new disk, or both, how will you locate it?  Sure, MC will know about every file and where it is, but how will you find it externally to actually move it?

In my case, I copy two or three directories, to the new disk and I'm done.  If you have files scattered all over your disk, mixed in with other stuff that *isn't* the music you care about, it's just not easy to maintain.

I'm not here to preach though.  I won't argue with you if you don't see any advantage to organization on disk.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 10:16:47 am »

Please start a new thread with a subject that describes the question.
Pages: [1]   Go Up