INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation question  (Read 3309 times)

TerryBris

• Recent member
Installation question
« on: July 17, 2015, 04:58:58 am »

Hello, Last night I downloaded the update which included a License Key for the upcoming V21 because of the date I purchased V20 and I'm very thankful for that. Sadly, I have a problem because the update went to C Program Files (x86). When I did my first install I did so on D drive. I do this to keep C drive just for windows. The update automatically re-downloaded and installed the full Program to C Program Files (x86). Is there a way l can do something to reinstall the update back in the prgrams original location on my D drive?

Thanks,
           Terry.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Installation question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 06:50:56 am »

There is probably no need to keep programs on a different drive, but you can do it if you wish.

Uninstall it and install again, choosing "Custom".

TerryBris

• Recent member
Re: Installation question
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 01:12:36 am »

Thanks for the advice Jim. I've tried to download the program again but I'm having a problem with the password on the page where you download the program. l've had to reset my password for the support forum and lost the password I inpu on th purchase page. Is there a way around my problem? l'm sorry to be such a pain Jim.

TerryBris

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 01:35:56 am »

Jim just as a further note when l try to do a custom install of MC 200131 it is installing to C drive by default. l'm not given a choice of where to install the program.

Thanks,
           Terry.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 07:37:44 am »

Uninstall it, removing the registry entries when you do.  Then re-install.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 06:25:24 pm »

I don't think you can install anywhere but on your C: drive. The JRiver program goes into "Program Files (x86)" folder and the "Users/UserName/AppData/roaming/J River" folder.
You can make the File Locations (your movies, audio, etc.) on the D: drive. That is done through the MC program (after installation) at Tools>Options>File Locations

TerryBris

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 08:08:01 am »

Hi Jim and CountryBumpkin, Thank you both for you advice l was able to install the program on my D drive. My C drive is a small SSD hardrive so I try to leave it just for windows as much as possible. I still have the problem of my forgotten password on the JRiver download page, I would be very greatful for advice on how I can fix this problem.

Thank you,
                Terry.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 09:23:07 am »

You only need the password if you need to change your email address and you no longer have access to the original email address. Everything else can be done without it:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

What do you need the password for?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2015, 11:03:05 am »

l was able to install the program on my D drive.

So none of the program installed to C: drive? I learned something.
Thanks

TerryBris

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 08:10:05 am »

Hi Guys, Thank you for your replies. Firstly, glynor l thourght l'd need the password to dowload the program, if l had a hard drive problem. CountryBumkin When l did the re-install to D drive there is nothing on C drive that I can find but l'm no expert by any means when it comes to the inside of my PC or Windows. If you tell me where to look I will let you know what I find on my C drive.

Cheers,
           Terry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up