INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video questions  (Read 1951 times)

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
Video questions
« on: July 17, 2015, 01:44:27 pm »

4. Fixed: Improved the responsiveness of the OSD in Display View when using RO HQ with recent versions of madVR

By "recent versions" do you mean the ones that are part of RO HQ, or the ones that have not yet been included in RO HQ?

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: Video Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 04:42:05 pm »

1. Fixed: Updated LAV Filters to fix a problem with Hardware Acceleration when viewing TV on AMD hardware.
What exactly does this fix?

Reason I ask is I have an AMD system & MC TV has always been VERY slow to change channels. This version seems to be a little faster but it still has a LOT of other problems when changing channels such as... echos, channel changing (numbers only) showing on screen but the actual picture still showing the last channel for several seconds.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Video Questions
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 02:33:00 am »

By "recent versions" do you mean the ones that are part of RO HQ, or the ones that have not yet been included in RO HQ?

Newer than what is included in ROHQ at this time, but a bunch of people just update it themself, and when madshi recommends we change something (and the change is backwards compatible), no reason to delay it.

What exactly does this fix?

Reason I ask is I have an AMD system & MC TV has always been VERY slow to change channels. This version seems to be a little faster but it still has a LOT of other problems when changing channels such as... echos, channel changing (numbers only) showing on screen but the actual picture still showing the last channel for several seconds.

This only fixes hardware acceleration not working at all, ie. it falling back to software decoding. It does not affect anything else.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up