INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comparing Apple Music, Tidal, and Spotify Premium Streaming-Music Services  (Read 6529 times)

trevoraiston

• World Citizen

Good article. I'm already with spotify premium so it was also reassuring :-)

Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

SandsOfArrakis

• Recent member
Re: Comparing Apple Music, Tidal, and Spotify Premium Streaming-Music Services
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 04:04:44 am »

Used a Rdio subscription in the past and it worked perfectly on both my Windows laptop and my Android based LG G2 smartphone.

After switching to my new Mac Mini I've decided to drop Rdio and try out Apple Music with it's 3 month free trial. Liked the integration with iTunes. But not being available on my smartphone. And recently I (and many others according the Apple Support Forum) have had problems where streams would stop and buffer all the time. This made me quit Apple Music before the trial expired, and I'm now running on a free month Spotify Premium trial.

I'm very happy with Spotify so far. Sound quality is noticeably better compared to Apple Music. Not as good as MC itself though.

But the speed and stability of Spotify together with it's easy to use software and extensive music collection supplement my own music collection nicely. And it works on both my Mac and Android smartphone. Definitely going to subscribe to it.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen
Re: Comparing Apple Music, Tidal, and Spotify Premium Streaming-Music Services
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 07:02:38 am »

I love the way I can listen to Spotify on my windows htpc and control tracks via my smartphone.  I also Bluetooth it from my phone to a an elderly aiwa mini system in my bedroom.  Plan on using same for MC via gizmo.

Tried a wifi gadget to stream to the a aiwa but wouldn't work with Spotify.  I know wifi would be higher quality than Bluetooth.  But I'm happy with  what I have for now

I use the jriver WDM as audio driver on PC and it's a brilliant sound.  Had some lypsynch issues on video but with some tweaking eliminated those.

Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD
Pages: [1]   Go Up