INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.255 beta available  (Read 4081 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.255 beta available
« on: September 18, 2003, 02:09:39 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.    

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe  

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91255.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: Random selection smartlists were not working properly.
2. Changed: When failing to load a page in the Action Window, it now switches back to the home page.
3. Fixed: When loading thumbnail views, MC no longer paints blanks first for thumbnails that are already built.
4. Fixed: When using copy / paste with very large numbers of files, MC could crash in some cases.
5. Fixed: Showing two thumbnail lists at once in MC could cause problems.
6. Changed: Faster to "Analyze thumbnails..." for large lists of images.
7. NEW: If action window is in device mode, "Start" button will now be visible if device has files in a queue.
8. Fixed: Action Window pages that showed playlists would flicker when MC updated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Omni

Re: Media Center 9.1.255 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 02:20:40 pm »

(Being B255 just came out two minutes ago, I logged in to post this for B254--I'm sure it still applies.)

Nitpick:

In the help system on the Smartlist & Search Rules & Modifers page under the "Special Modifiers" subsection, an incorrect dash is being used in the example:

"Bob Dylan" -album=([time",[blood","mercy]) –year=1993
returns an exact match on Bob Dylan, except for albums beginning with "Time" and "Blood", ending with mercy, and excluding tracks from 1993.

The dash before "year" (being shown in the quote as "–") is actually an En Dash (or whatever), and if users try cut-and-paste it directly from the help page, it won't actually work. ;)

Omni

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 02:21:11 pm »

List Drawing Bug
The button list in the "Customize Menu Bar" dialog does not support the transparency of the "SmallIcons.png".

List Drawing Bug
After horizontal scrolling track lists to the right, the "List_HeaderBar" of the columns don't show "mouse over" hover effect and "mouse down" state.

List Drawing Bug
When resizing MC,some pixel of the list content flash between "List_HeaderBar" and track list.

Top Toolbar Drawing Bug
If "OffsetX" for the "TopBar" has a value greater than 50, the Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of the Mainframe are overdrawn by the toolbar buttons when resizing MC to a smaller width.

Frame Drawing Bug
The Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of "Frame"/Dialog windows don't show the "mouse over" hover effect. Only normal and "mouse down" states are displayed.

Scrollbar Drawing Bug
When switching between view schemes, panes with short lists don't show a scrollbar. Resizing MC a little bit (one pixel...) or clicking in the pane brings up the scrollbar. After switching to another view scheme and then back to the one with the short list, the scrollbar is missing again...

Don't know if this has worked before:
When listening to web radio, Playing Now's Track Info does not refresh when a new song starts. It's sticked to the page that is loaded when you start listening to the station. So in Hairstyle / Windowed / Full Screen mode, it's quite hard to get the right info...

---------------------------------------------------------

Media Center 9.1.255 -- C:\Programme\Audio\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1991 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 806 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive J: TEAC     CD-W524E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 02:34:44 pm »

Disclaimer: the action window may not paint / resize properly on some systems

(happens on one box here but not another -- in any event, it'll be fixed next build)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2003, 02:52:27 pm »

Certainly gone funny here ;D

Win XP SP1

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 02:58:21 pm »

Yeah, really surrealistic results when resizing... ;)

(I'm using a Matrox G550 graphics card... all other programs work fine...)

BTW... since build .253 the common drawing of userinterface components appears to be sluggish and faulty when resizing MC. .254 and .255 also have massive problems with drawing lists... does anybody else have similar problems?

Omni

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2003, 03:13:31 pm »

(happens on one box here but not another -- in any event, it'll be fixed next build)

Darn... you beat to the punch.  ;D

Quick Workaround:  Check show as window, then uncheck it (i.e., redock it).

Omni

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2003, 04:11:37 pm »

TiVo HMO bugs:

- In using the Hard Disk Location view scheme, the <this folder> returns "This folder does not contain any playable music", when in fact there are .mp3s in that folder.

- Random smartlists don't seem to refresh -- for instance, the random 1 hour auto smartlist always returns the same songs -- although it does mix the order up each time I go into it.  Even if I play other selections or go in and out of the Music & Photos section, the same song selection always comes up.  On the Media Center side, the same Smartlist works as expected.

UPDATE:  I played around some more, and determined that it was the Sort: Random which caused TiVo the problems.  If I removed that, then the Smartlist returned different results after reselecting it.  But this led me to the bug below in Media Center:

Media Center bug:
- However, I then tried to add a different sort order to the Random One Hour Auto Smartlist, (i.e. Media Type: Audio Limit: 60 minutes Sort: Artist), and got unexpected results.  The Smartlist didn't work at all in Media Center -- it would only return Artists which were not filled in.

-J

nameless

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2003, 05:42:50 pm »

MC exits without apparent reason, and totally without warning, when I am doing almost anything related to streams.  I was just listening to a stream with MC minimized to the tray.  I clicked the tray icon once, and before the window could even appear, MC mysteriously exited.  No dialog, nothing.

I relaunched MC and tried playing another stream.  It worked, so I tried another stream.  Before it could even begin buffering that one, MC exited again.  This is constant, reproducible behavior.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2003, 06:02:51 pm »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/09/09   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location it appears two times.

Also, I've had MC crash twice while watching a DVD today.  Too early to replicate solidly.
Toast goes in the toaster.

MachineHead

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2003, 06:12:40 pm »

Expanding smartlists causes action window weirdness...

Weirdness here

Has happened twice with this build.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2003, 06:52:22 pm »

Is it just me or is there something inherently unstable about this version? I've just had it exit on me without warning once, and crash with a Media Core error twice. It's never done this before. It all seems to be surrounding mini-me... It seems to be having problems switching modes (it's very slow and choppy) and it just feels sluggish. Anybody else seeing this? Last night everything was great. The only thing that's changed on my system is this new build of MC.

And now for some bugs I can actually reliably reproduce:

In Album Thumbnails mode: If you hover the mouse over an album, you get a tooltip that shows the tracks for that album. If the album is being shown on the bottom part of the screen, and you put your mouse in a position such that it causes the tooltip to open upwards, it will only flash on and then dissappear. If the tooltip opens downwards, it works fine.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2003, 11:00:35 pm »

Matt,

Thanks for removing the delay before displaying thumbnails ... MC is much more responsive now!

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2003, 11:38:51 pm »

Hi Matt,

I just tried what was introduced in the previous build (.254) to help creating playlist of random full albums
1. Changed: In searches, "Full Albums" modifier evaluated after limits so it's now possible to make a smartlists of a random number of full albums. (ex: [Track #]==1 ~a ~n=10)

But, Hmm, if the search string you recommend is entered It does not seem to work ! It only returs 10 Tracks#1.
Am I missing something ?

Using 9.1.255

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2003, 01:42:50 am »

Something I've noticed in the last few builds (not sure how far back - I've just installed 9.1.251 to test), is that playing on MC from a Media Server seems okay for a while (at least one track), but then the play get's all chopped up and sounds terrible.

I've tried switching between DirectSound / Wave Out, and it makes no difference.

I've not had any problems playing from a server for a long time.

I just went back to 9.1.251 and didn't seem to have any problems.

Then I installed 9.1.252 and didn't have any problems.

Now I'm confused, I think it started in version 9.1.253, and is still there in 9.1.255

Cheers
Rob

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2003, 02:48:20 am »

This release seems to have cured the problem with MC crashing with a Rundll32 thingamejig error - thanks.

I've got a problem with Replay Gain which I'm not sure how long it's been there. Clicking on RG seems to have an immediate effect by increasing the volume appropriately, but after a few secs, then drop down again. It then seems to do this up and down adjustment whilst the track is playing.

Jim

natechavez

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 04:58:21 am »

Has anyone else been having this problem:

Whenever I double-click on an AVI file (Divx, Xvid, MPEG4...) I get this messge:

Ėrror restoring Media Center License:
Invalid file type [Path to AVI is given]

I was hoping this would be reseolved wit this version but it hasn't.  Everything works fine if I open it from with MC or even if I right-click on it, go down to MC and say play

nila

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 05:28:56 am »

Keyboard navigation of MC is fully possible without relying on a mouse which is great cause my mouse isn't currently working and I'm trying to fix it now.

One thing I noticed though - when we use the 'up' and 'down' buttons in the pane - MC is trying to re-display the contents of every single up and down click through each item as we try to get to a specific item in the list.

This results in MC seeming 'jerky' as we try to scroll down to an item - introducing a 1 second delay to let us scroll through an item on the way to the one after it without it trying to display the search results of that pane would really help make it 'appear' smoother :)

Gotta say thou - I'm impressed with how fast it is displaying all these 'searches' as I go through the panes!!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 07:01:47 am »

Is it just me or is there something inherently unstable about this version? I've just had it exit on me without warning once, and crash with a Media Core error twice. It's never done this before. It all seems to be surrounding mini-me... It seems to be having problems switching modes (it's very slow and choppy) and it just feels sluggish. Anybody else seeing this? Last night everything was great. The only thing that's changed on my system is this new build of MC.

Scratch all that. I now believe it to be a dying power supply that's causing this. Once I replace it, I'll get back to you.

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2003, 07:11:06 am »

One of my old faves is back - downloading the LAME MP3 encoder through the Tools/Options/Encoding route causes MC9 to crash out.

John

bdjohns1

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cheese Whiz
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2003, 07:58:56 am »

Kurt reported this originally back in the .254 thread, but I encountered the same problem in .255 - after doing some work with smartlists, Mega-Me was stuck in an always-on-top mode.  Exiting MC and restarting fixes the problem.

--Ben

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2003, 08:17:42 am »

TiVo HMO bugs:

- In using the Hard Disk Location view scheme, the <this folder> returns "This folder does not contain any playable music", when in fact there are .mp3s in that folder.

- Random smartlists don't seem to refresh.

-J

Hi Jim,

I can't reproduce the first one. Any further info?

The second one is fixed next build.

j

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2003, 08:23:28 am »

Bug:

When double-clicking on an album thumbnail to play it it's not adding the tracks to playing now in the order as defined in the list view.   It always seems to be sorted by track# ... which, for example, makes playing double cd albums play in the incorrect order.

P.S.  Does "sort by track# for albums" in options take into consideration the CD #?
Pages: [1]   Go Up