INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I move my Amazon music and Playlist into JRiver? SOLVED  (Read 5083 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I downloaded all my (purchased) Amazon Music and created a playlist of the songs I like (but I had to use the Amazon Music program to do the download).

Now I want to move that playlist and audio files into JRiver.

Moving the audio files is not a problem if I just move everything - but I'd rather just move those files that are in my Amazon playlist.

However,  I don't see a file in my Amazon music folder with the name of my playlist. And if there is one, will JRiver be able to import it?  

Does anyone know how this Amazon program works?

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: How do I move my Amazon music and Playlist into JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 02:14:38 pm »

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 03:31:08 pm »

Nice find. Thanks!

...downloading now.... It works great.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________
@JRiver - under Standard View >Playlists there are four tabs "Add Playlist", Add Smart list", "Add Playchart", and "Add Playlist Group".

I suggest it would be nice to add a fifth tab at the top "Import Playlist" to make it easier for other audio-challenged people.

CountryBumkin

Not solved - Part 2

I created a nice playlist on my laptop with all the music I purchased from Amazon. I was able to download my music (it's all mp3) and save the playlist as a .wpl file. I can then import this playlist into JRiver, but when I import the playlist into my Server all of the songs "links" (i.e. Drive/Folder/Subfolder) are for my laptop.

How can I have the playlist update all of the music's file locations to where the music is located on the Server. It seems there is no way to select all the songs in the playlist and have them auto locate the music's location on the Server. I know I can go one-by-one and update the filepath for each song.

I would like to do what "Dr. Who" does now - where, when you download someone's playlist from Dr. Who it will search all my music folders and create links to those songs I already own.
Is this possible?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 07:03:08 pm »

MC has a Find and Replace tool.  I'm not sure whether it works on playlists, but it would be easy to try.

You might also be able to export your playlists and edit them.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 07:22:49 pm »

Probably the easiest way for you to do this is to use the Move, Copy, and Rename tool.  Here's a page on it for reference:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files

Now your issue isn't that you want to move files.  It's that you want to update the file paths *to* the files.  No problem, the tool can do it.  You may want to test the following procedure with a few files first, and then do the rest.

1.  Select the files from the playlist (all of them, or  your test group).
2.  Right click > Library Tools > Rename, Move, and Copy Files
3.  In top of the dialog pull down the selection list for what it's going to do.  It probably defaults to Move.  You want the "update database" option.  This doesn't touch the files.  It just changes where JRiver looks for them.
4.  Uncheck Directories and Filename.
5.  Check Find & Replace.  This will allow you to find a string in the file names that is common and replace it.  So for example if the files all start with C:\users\CountryBumpkin\Music , you can replace that with something else like your network path.  Something like M:\Music\AmazonMusic .
6.  Fill out the Find and Replace fields.
7.  Look at the pane to the right and see how it is going to do the renaming based on your find and replace.  You might have to hover over the file paths to see exactly what it's going to do in a popup box.  Make sure it's right.  I might not be on your first try.  If it's not, adjust the find or the replace until you get what you want
8.  When it all looks good press OK to do the Database Update (renaming the file paths internally).

Good luck. Let us know how you do.

Brian.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 05:22:32 am »

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been working with the Rename, Move & Copy tool, unfortunately it looks like I'll need to do them one at a time.

On the laptop the files were H:/Music/Amazon/filename.

On my server the file structure is E:/Music/Artist/Album/filename. So I can't just replace "H:/Music/Amazon" with "E:/Music".

There is no "one path change" that that would work for all the files.  

I'll probably have this finished (updating files one-by-one) by the time I hear back from anyone. Thanks for responding.

But for future ....
How does "Dr. Who" manage to scan my entire library for file matches - is there a way to use that process on an imported playlist?

EDIT: so it's not to hard to fix things one file at a time (thanks to some great built-in tools). I used "Locate (Name)" which listed all files in each of their locations/folders (when multiple files exist), then I use "Send To (Playlist)" picking the file and sending to my  playlist. That sent the files/songs with correct file paths to my playlist, then I just had to delete the files with the wrong paths.

blgentry

Re: How do I move my Amazon music and Playlist into JRiver? SOLVED
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 08:49:51 am »

You can still use RM&C!  Procedure:

1.  Highlight some files and select Rename, Move, and Copy tool.
2.  Check the Directories box
3.  In the Bas Path box insert:  E:\Music
4.  In the Rule box, insert:  [Artist]\[Album]

As long as the file name is correct, that should do it.  Depending on how you set all of this up, you might want to replace [Artist] wit [Album Artist (auto)].  It all depends how you want your files to live on disc.  I usually use the auto version myself, so that compliation albums all end up in the same directory instead of being split apart by artist.

Good luck CB!

Brian. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up