INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Master License and USB Drive  (Read 2295 times)

bg

• Junior Woodchuck
Problem with Master License and USB Drive
« on: July 25, 2015, 09:11:54 pm »

Bought Master License. Installed MC 20 on my PC and license will not work.

I emailed JR to confirm my license number is correct. It is.

My understanding was with Master license I can run MC 20 on  my Windows PC and my Macbook.

Can't get my new Macbook to recognize my USB My Passport external drive with my music library whatsoever, so cannot import my library to MC 20.

Can't get MC 20 to recognize my correct license to complete registration number on my Windows PC.

Any Mac users know why my new Macbook pro does not recognize a WD My Passport external USB drive? I'm rather ticked at my GD Macbook Pro after owning for less than a week.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with Master License
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:26:52 pm »

The wiki has a topic called Restoring a License.  Use copy and pasre.  O and 0 look alike.  Update MC20.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 06:55:28 am »

Download and install from our site.  Old versions of MC20 won't work with an MC21 license.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Problem with Master License and USB Drive
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 07:23:22 am »

You had a USB drive question that I missed.  I'm sorry but I don't know the answer, but I added it to the subject.

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 08:28:47 am »

Do current O/S's not give me an icon or notice of some kind indicating that I've plugged an external USB drive into my Macbook Pro?

There is a very different learning curve with Mac O/S that's not so intuitive in operation. If I can't "see" my attached external USB drive with my music library on it, I won't be able to import the library to MC 20.

There is definitely a learning curve with Mac OSX.  Like anything new, it's going to require some effort at first.  Once you "get it", you should find it pretty easy and intuitive.  The funny thing about OSX, for people that have used Windows for a long time, is they tend to overthink how to do something.  Years ago, when several of my technical colleagues and I switched to OSX, ,we would all laugh at each other for the OBVIOUS things in OSX that we went searching for. 

Let's address your question specifically.  All external drives are mounted on OSX when you plug them in.  I say "mounted" because they won't show up as a drive letter; that's a windows thing.  Instead, they will show up under Devices in Finder.  Finder is the file browser with the blue happy face icon on the Dock.

If you don't see your device in Finder, follow these simple directions to make it appear:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19062?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

You have said it's a WD for Mac, so it *should* be natively Mac formatted.  If it is, you should be good to go.  But that begs the question:  If it's natively Mac formatted and you have music on it, how did you get music on it in the first place?  Windows won't read the drive because it's for Mac.  Maybe you copied music files from another Mac?

If instead it's formatted for Windows as NTFS, you'll need to reformat it.  I'll leave that for another discussion though.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up