INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No more guide shown  (Read 4024 times)

gomjabar

• Recent member
No more guide shown
« on: July 30, 2015, 01:54:22 am »

My guide is empty and when I try to load it through settings I get this message:

"the program guide file is not valid, or does not contain any program information for channels in your channel list."

nothing has changed on my end did they stop supporting guide for JRiver 19?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No more guide shown
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 07:05:47 am »

Please see the "EPG" topic on our TV board here.  Microsoft made some changes.

gomjabar

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 09:39:52 pm »

from skimming though that it seems we were getting our guide data from wmc.  Now that microsoft is going to rovi for guide MC19 might be dead in the water.  Until they have it hashed out though there isnt a reason to upgrade to 20 though?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 10:06:42 pm »

Please read the EPG post on the TV board here.

gomjabar

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 02:51:15 am »

I have read through large portions of this post and what they are experiencing is not what im having trouble with.  I have downloaded my channels xml data with zap2it and it is still giving me the same error.  I can though watch the channels directly though the software provided by my hdhomerun.  I can get some of the guide data from OTA but it is very incomplete.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 03:54:59 am »

Are you using ZAP2XML to collect XMLTV data?

Because zap2it stopped providing the new version of their EPG guide data recently. If you look at the History on the zap2xml site ( http://zap2xml.awardspace.info/ ) you will see that on July 9th zap2xml, which used the newer version of EPG data from zap2it, stopped working. The author of that software is now suggesting that the other program, zap2xml2, which has now been renamed zap2xml (confusing huh?), as it still works using the older XMLTV format data.

If you aren't using ZAP2XML, but are using zap2it directly, using their new data type, then it is gone. That is a zap2it issue, not a MC19 issue. You will need to convert to using the old zap2it data format. Or you can contact zap2it and see if they are going to rectify the situation.

If you aren't using zap2xml or zap2it directly, and if nothing else has changed, but now you get no data, then you had better describe what you are using and how you a are using it. Someone who remembers how MC19 works may be able to help.

If you are really stuck, post up a copy of the XMLTV file you are getting, which should have the data in it. We can have a look and see what is in there.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up