INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unable to save DSP studio changes  (Read 800 times)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Unable to save DSP studio changes
« on: September 17, 2003, 03:48:40 pm »

I'm using the Revo 7.1 sound card.

For playback options in DSP studio, I'm trying to set the Output Format sample rate to 48,000 Hz (as recommended in this forum). The problem is that MC never saves this change. The sample rate aways stays at "source sample rate".  The same problem occurs when I try to change the bitdepth or channels.  This happens regardless of the output mode selected.

Ideas?

Media Center Registered 9.1.253 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 235 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4134.0600 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4134.600 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

jleerigby

Re: Unable to save DSP studio changes
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 11:00:36 pm »

No idea why this is happening but I might make you feel better by saying I've experienced a similar problem, though I've no evidence to suggest it's down to MC.  It could be my SB drivers for the Audigy 2.

I set the sample rate to 96 via the Audigy software and the display on my AV Receiver changes to show that it's sampling at this rate.  However, every so often it switches back to 48.  I haven't identified any pattern to this and I rarely go anywhere near the DSP settings in MC as I have them just how I like them (all switched off & direct sound).  For now I just spot that it's reverted thanks to the display on my receiver and change it back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up