INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot access external RAID controller after Windows 10 upgrade  (Read 3054 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe

I have a MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 which stores all my media, to include music and ripped BD's and DVD's, running in RAID 0 (Striped). At the time of upgrade, there was about 9 TB worth of content.

I did a clean install of Windows 10, and now, the thing is inaccessible. Attempting to navigate inside the volume via Explorer results in an error window telling me "E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied." Pulling up its properties shows me that it has 0 bytes of used and free space. Opening up Disk Management shows me that it is now a basic disk. I'm pretty sure it was a dynamic disk before. Attempting to convert it to a dynamic disk results in a window telling me, "The operation is not supported by the object." Diskpart says the same thing.

Device manager shows a properly-installed driver. Populating the Volumes tab of its properties shows me an accurate maximum capacity.

Am I to understand that Windows 10 mucked this whole thing up and that I now have to rebuild my entire media library? Or is there a way to save my RAID array?

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot access external RAID controller after Windows 10 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 02:20:42 am »

Nevermind; I figured it out.

Whole partition is fine. I didn't have any access because I am logged in via my Microsoft account, whose username is different from my previously used local account in Windows 7. Had to take ownership and edit the permissions.

Sorry about that. Feel free to lock this thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up