INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting MC in hairstyle from commandline..  (Read 1073 times)

JaWe

• World Citizen
Starting MC in hairstyle from commandline..
« on: September 17, 2003, 07:46:32 am »

Is there any commandline options to start MC in hairstyle mode like "Media Jukebox.exe" /hairstyle or something..?
Normally I want to open MC in megame but when I use it with remote control I would like to open it in hairstyle mode.
I haven't found any commandline options except mjextman commandline options. Is there any and where?

So I want make two shortcuts: one that opens MC in megame and one that opens in hairstyle. Any ideas..?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Starting MC in hairstyle from commandline..
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 08:07:23 am »

You can set that in MC settings/startup.

lOth

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 11:02:47 am »

I guess the question (in which I am interested too) is: can we leave a default start-up setting such as, say, Mega-Me and still be able to start MC in hairstyle via a command line? I don't think it's possible, but I hope someone will prove me wrong.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 02:09:00 pm »

I thought of 2 things to try:

I haven't tried this in a while, (and I keep forgetting to mention it...) From the Developer's page on command line parameters:

"mjextman.exe /Mode [modename] if the app is not running the call starts MJ in the specified mode, if it's already running the call switches Media Jukebox to the specified mode. List of Mode names: Megame, Minime, Fullscreen. If modename is empty MJ will start in user defined mode."

I don't know what Fullscreen mode will yield--Hairstyle or Visualization, but it's worth a try.

The other idea:

You can try sending this command "mjextman.exe /MCC 22009,3" to a non-running copy of MC. I would guess that should launch the program and switch to Hairstyle, but who knows?

Best,
Brad
Pages: [1]   Go Up