INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to FILTER duplicates?  (Read 1727 times)

joe schmoe

• Recent member
Any way to FILTER duplicates?
« on: August 01, 2015, 07:21:40 pm »

I've got a NAS with over 100 Gb of music and some of it (20 Gb+/-) are duplicates. I don't want to remove them, I just want to filter out one set of the music.

Say Pink Floyd the Wall Location user/music/iPod and the other location would be user/music/iPhone.....any way to filter JRiver to the point where it only sees the one path and not the other?? So when I go to play the album only 1 song not duplicates songs show up???

Such as Then Ice and the next song in line is Thin Ice

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any way to FILTER duplicates?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 09:30:24 pm »

There are several ways to approach this problem.  I'm sure there are some clever things you can do with views to exclude the files you are talking about.  But the correct way to do this is to not have the duplicate files in your library to start with.  Do you have auto import set up to include one or more directories on your NAS?  Is it just one top level directory like /mount/nas/Music ?

Do you know which directories have the duplicates?  If it's just a couple of directories then it should be easy to just remove all of those files from JRiver.  I'm talking about just telling JRiver to forget the files.  The files themselves won't get touched at all.

If you can give us a good idea of how your directories are set up, we can probably help you to get the duplicates removed from JRiver.  Exact path names would really help.  The general approach is to configure auto import to NOT work on the directories with duplicates.  Then find the duplicates in the library (based on directory names) and remove them.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up