INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import not working  (Read 3584 times)

wakajazz

Auto-Import not working
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:16:12 am »

Using MC20 in 'Audio Mode'. All music files (ALAC) are located on a Western Digital My Cloud Mirror. Checked paths, they are correct. Checked Auto-Import settings. all appear fine. My current work around to force an import/update is to disable then re-enable Auto-Import. New files are then added to the library however the next time files are added to the NAS, Auto-Import fails to add the to the MC library. An AFP share is used, SMB/CIFS & NFS was also tried with the same results.

Freshly ripped audio files are added to the My Cloud using a second Mac and copied directly to the NAS share. The Mac that is running MC20 is not used to rip or copy files to the NAS.

I have seen reference to the NAS being required to support 'filesystemwatcher' events. I have had no luck determining if the WD device supports this. Is there a list of NAS devices that support this feature?

Any suggestions? I would be fine with the ability to schedule a daily scan for changes. A UI button that kicks off a scan would also work, avoiding the need to dig into menus (but I would like to avoid having to remotely log into the MC20 Mac to force a scan).

WJ

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto-Import not working
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 09:21:18 am »

The right way to do this is to figure out how to get the WD to respond to filesystem events and have MC run auto import by itself.  I don't have any experience with that, so I can't help you with that just yet.

For running auto import manually, you can of course use the fairly quick path to open it up:  Tools > Import...  .  Then select run auto import now.  There's also a core command for running auto import.  Because there's a core command you can map it to a hot key if you want to.  Mapping keys takes some extra effort, but it's not so bad.

Hopefully someone else will have a good idea of how to make it work automatically.  If not, we can fall back to mapping a key, or something else.

Brian.

wakajazz

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 11:16:25 am »

Thanks for your insight Brian. In the grand scheme of things  this is a minor inconvenience but magnified lately as I have been on a CD buying binge. So lots of ripping, adding and importing ;D

WJ

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 09:14:06 pm »

You can call any MCC command on a Mac via MCWS. If you call against localhost, it doesn't force you to authenticate, making this simple.

So, you could script your computer to open that web address via any of the means that Macs let you script (there are a ton, from Automator actions, to Applescript, to a shell script). And run that on a timer.

How to get to the MCWS documentation:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Web_Service_Interface

MCC command listing:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up