INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new to all this and the EPG not working  (Read 2031 times)

faulkton

new to all this and the EPG not working
« on: August 11, 2015, 04:28:50 pm »

So i have been using WMC for a long time as a DVR with a HDHR Prime and a cable card and now i'd like to switch to Windows 10.. I've tried a couple free options, NextTV with Kodi and Mediaportal, and they're just too complicated and i didnt like not being able to minimize my TV window and continue hearing TV audio.

So i downloaded this to try out and so far it seems like it might be a viable option for me if i can get it working. I started with version 20 and had it set up and working except for the EPG. I got the "program guide file is not valid, or does not contain any program information for the channels in your list" error. After some reading i thought this was supposed to be fixed in version 21, so i downloaded that and am still getting the same error.  I figured it was best to use the automated setup and i did that and entered in my zipcode and it still gives me the same error. What am i doing wrong?

I'd really like to make this work :0

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: new to all this and the EPG not working
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 05:01:36 pm »

There are three basic things to accomplish in the TV setup (although there are more than three steps in the actual process).

1) In the TV setup >> Scan with your tuner-card for TV stations/channels
2) Select a source for your EPG data to come from ("mc2xml" is the best way for most. Use "Microsoft" as the source).
3) Match the TV stations/channels found to the EPG data source (i.e. Channel 6.2 is WDBO-DT2 or similar).
Then run the "load program guide".

If you post your questions in the TV section of this forum you will probably get more responses from experienced "TV Users. I suspect you missed step 3 in your setup.
Pages: [1]   Go Up