INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPG with MC 21 issue with large xmltv file  (Read 2097 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
EPG with MC 21 issue with large xmltv file
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:45:33 pm »

Yaobbing I think there is still an issue with running mc2xml in MC21 for a large file.  To get it to work I need to run it outside of MC and then just read the xmltv file using an XMLTV profile for my STB (xmltv.xml file is 167 MB).  The only thing happening in MC when I try is the dos prompt will blink 2-3 times and JRiver will geive me an error message that it can't find channels.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
Re: EPG with MC 21 issue with large xmltv file
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 03:50:38 pm »

One more thing...You will need to set different mc2xml folders for the different profiles. (In my case I need one for STB and another for OTA).  The way mc2xml is implemented does not allow for that.

And I have no other choice than having 2 different profiles as some of my OTA channels are not in the STB channel list.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 05:11:53 pm »

One more thing...You will need to set different mc2xml folders for the different profiles. (In my case I need one for STB and another for OTA).  The way mc2xml is implemented does not allow for that.

And I have no other choice than having 2 different profiles as some of my OTA channels are not in the STB channel list.

This is a tough one.  I will have to think about it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 06:45:44 pm »

And unless there is something I don't understand when run, the mc2xml profile will always prompt you for a setup when you load the guide...I believe the .dat file gets deleted once the profile is run since it's located in JRiver's temp file??.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 07:07:16 pm »

One more thing for the auto-match you should have it check for the channel number as well..This would be very handy and avoid having to manually assign 100+ channels...Extremely time consuming.
Pages: [1]   Go Up