INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to create smartlist for tracks in more than one playlists?  (Read 2410 times)

steven.porteus

• Recent member

Using the language, expressions, and capabiltieis built into Media Center, how can I create a smartlist that shows me any track in more than one playlist? 

I want to be able to quickly see when I may have put the same track in more than one playlist accidentally.  If I can further refine this to specify in more than one playlist of a select set of playlists, that would be even better.  But I'll settle for just being able to count the playlists a track is associated with and displaying only those that have more than one.

I tried to muck around with this using various expressions, but it never worked.  Any guidance is appreciated.  It seems like all the pieces are there in the software, I just don't know how to assemble them.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to create smartlist for tracks in more than one playlists?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 09:45:48 am »

This is an interesting one.  Playlists is a Field name you can see in the Tagging pane.  But it doesn't appear to be a Field that you can access using the expression language.  I've tried using [Playlists] in expression columns and it just prints the literal, as opposed to accessing a field and presenting it's value.  I.E., it just prints [Playlists] literally.

However, you can display Playlists as a column in any View or SmartList or Playlist.  So you can display the column and then sort by the column.  That should kinda help, but it's not exactly what you were asking for.  Once you display it and sort by it, maybe you'll see something useful that helps you.  <shrug>  I'm not sure where to go from here.

Good luck,

Brian.

steven.porteus

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 07:07:00 am »

That's what I'm finding too.  Even if I create an expression column to do a countlist of the PlayLists field, it returns 1 no matter how many playlists are in that list.

Is this a bug within the product?  Really hoping someone at JRiver can chime in because it seems like this is a simple thing but doesn't appear to work.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 08:52:02 pm »

If you're still interested in this, you should ask for it to be moved to the Windows forum, or just create a new thread there and link back to this one for reference.  This forum gets only a fraction of the traffic of the Windows forums and your question is general:  It's not specific to Mac in any way.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 09:49:41 pm »

I don't think there's a (clean) way to do this. I can't think of how, anyway.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up