INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What import path for a NAS?  (Read 3477 times)

wbt0927

• Recent member
What import path for a NAS?
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:53:33 am »

I'm new to computer audio. Perhaps this question will seem silly. I recently ripped approx. 450 cds with XLD and began using a Bluesound node with the Bluesound controller for all my FLAC files. I've noticed that there are some things that the Bluesound contoller does not do very well as far as organizing files and a friend suggested the JRiver program. I downloaded the program (20 for Mac) but cannot find a way to import the files into the program. The automatic method asks for a path to the files. The files are on a 2TB My Cloud NAS. I don't know how to find a pathway to the NAS. What I don't want to do is download 5000 FLAC files onto my MacBook Air hard drive. What would the pathway be for the NAS? Am I completely lost here? Am I going about this all wrong? Thank you for your time.    Bill

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: What import path for a NAS?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 11:26:34 am »

You need to map the share where your music is located to a path on your Mac.  This is usually done through Finder.  You'll also want to make sure that mapping happens every time you log in, by adding it to your login items.

I have very little experience with this on Mac, but I know the concepts well.  Here's an article from Western Digital on how to do the mapping:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2686/~/how-to-map-a-wd-network-drive-on-a-mac

Good luck!

Brian.

8rayneee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:54:15 am »

Better than a Map it would be to do a Network share and the drive should start being visible.
In Windows, at least, is quite straightforward.

wbt0927

• Recent member
Re: Where does the streaming device fit in?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 08:55:29 am »

Thank you. I finally found a path through Finder and the Media Center shows all the Albums/FLAC files etc. However, I can only play them on my Mac. How do I get the Media Center and the Bluesound Node to communicate. The Node is connected to my Integrated amp. and I have a good wi fi signal from the node but where will the Node be found in the JRiver program? I've spent a lot of time in the knowledge base and now I suspect that this question is too basic (or stupid) to be covered there. Please remember I am new to computer audio and digital music files. It's still bewildering to me. Any suggestions will be helpful since my personal knowledge base is nearly nonexistent.   Thanks  Bill

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 09:12:47 am »

I know little about the BlueSound products; I've just done a few minutes of research.  From what I can tell, BlueSound is kind of a proprietary product that only seems to work with it's own Apps and Players on various platforms.  I might have missed something, but from what I can tell, it's not possible to control a BlueSound Node with JRiver.  Here's one very short forum posting I found:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92250.0

I don't represent JRiver; I'm just trying to help.  Good luck.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up