INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Bookmark] isn't filled for iso files  (Read 2046 times)

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
[Bookmark] isn't filled for iso files
« on: August 11, 2015, 03:27:49 am »

Hi,
I was trying to create a Theater View for listing movies which are bookmarked AND have been played within the last 7 days - kind of "Resume" View for recently played videos.
This woks fine for file types like divx or mkv but it's actually impossible for iso files because their [Bookmark] fields are empty.

I use MC 20.0.231, read the Bookmarking Wiki but actually I'm quite lost here - any ideas on how to fix or for a workaround?

I'd like to add that the MC internally wired "Resume from last playback position" works just fine.
"Resume playback using bookmarks" option is set to Ask and the [Use Bookmarking] field is set to Default for all Videos.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: [Bookmark] isn't filled for iso files
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 03:46:40 pm »

Little bummer...

iso files [Bookmark] fields stay also empty in MC21; I thought it would be rather a simple thing to fix, or am I wrong here?
Cheers, Jens

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 04:44:20 pm »

What you're trying to do is interesting...  But how does it work?  Last Played only gets set after the Video has been played to VERY near the end.  If you stop the video at the 50% mark, Last Played doesn't get updated.  So how can you tell it was "played in the last 7 days" if Last Played isn't updated?  I'm not arguing.  Just trying to understand because I think what you're trying to do is useful... *if* it can be done.

Brian.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 06:22:48 pm »

Uh, right, [Last Played] either contains a timestamp or "never played", but it is definitely set way before the end, just checked: I get a timestamp here when stopping playback after 15% for instance, at least for iso files.

On the other hand the "played in the last 7 days" condition could also be referenced to [Last Skipped], at least for non iso files; for iso files it's always "never skipped". Seems here is some inconsistent behaviour between iso and all other formats.

I'm talking about MC21 now, for I updated after I started the topic and therefore don't know if it's still equal to MC20.

But in the end there's always the empty [Bookmark] field when it comes to iso files.  ?

Maybe one gets along w/o the bookmark from DB, and can almost reach the goal just with [Last Skipped] & [Last Played], but what I wanted to gain was to disable the "Resume from last playback position" option (since most of the times the question pops up, I can't remember anyway were I last stopped) and that makes that piece of information mandatory for this alternative "Resume" function via "Resume" View, I guess.

I not arguing either but hope you can follow my weird thoughts :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up